More2Adore's Updates

Thank you so much @brooklyngirl and @JackieOnLine and @Munchkin! :) I'm doing a happy dance over here still, haha.

I'm slowly checking things off my to-do list. We bought all the OptiFast I'll need for the next three weeks yesterday online... hoping against hope it will all be here by Saturday when I need to start it. If not we may need to pay exorbitant prices somewhere here locally to get some to tide me over. Hubby's also going to go pick up some Benefibre and one of those cups with the little ball in it that I can use for stirring up Optifast now and protein shakes later. And we're going to order some Whey Isolate this weekend. :)

Still need to confirm with the doc that I need to stop my NSAID ASAP (I'm sure I do, based on what you guys have said) and see if there's anything else I need to stop taking - he's supposed to call me back. I'm a little concerned - I have a couple more doctor appointments between now and surgery that all involve walking and I have no idea how I'm going to manage with the kind of knee pain I had before I started taking this. I'll have to figure it out.

Speaking of figuring out, I did so much research on vitamins and lab info for the DS that I've realized I have a great handle on that, but don't really know exactly what I'll need for just the VSG - better get to figuring that out fast!

And we still have to book flights & hotel for the trip. So much to do!

@more2adore There is a link for the VSG vitamin program in the Vitamin/Labs forum Vitalady links thread. Start there, making sure you get the right type of vitamins. Example, not all A is the right kind. Read her list and look at her website to see what ingredients are listed. You will do great.

So I've mostly made it through Day 1 of the Pre-Op Optifast diet. Now that I've been able to sit down and look at what I've logged in MFP, I'm a little curious as to how this is really supposed to shrink my liver - I thought what helped do that was ketosis, and I'm definitely not getting ketosis-level carbs here (more like 100 grams!). I'm feeling weak, headachey, nauseated (I have ALWAYS gotten nauseated whenever I reach the actual hunger stage... most people get a rumbly stomach, but I get nausea and often cramping, too - is it any wonder I never let myself get hungry? Heh). Oh, and our lovely neighbors who don't speak great English just brought over something incredibly delicious looking they made - they even made it with olive oil instead of battered specifically so it would be lower carb for me and hubby. SO thoughtful and sweet, and I can't have it! Waaaah. I'm such a whiner, haha.

Anyway, according to what I got from my surgeon, this is what I'm allowed per day (though the nut said I can up the Optifast items to 4 a day if tomorrow is rough):

1) 3 optifast meal replacement items (soups, bars, shakes, desserts all okay)
2) 2+ cups low-carb veggies on the allowed list (does this mean I can have like 6 cups of veggies if I want them?! lol)
3) Handful of fruit (anything except banana)
4) Sugar Free Jell-O (no quantity limitation listed)
5) Sugar Free Candy (no quantity limitation listed - not going there, though. I think it would make my cravings terrible.)
6) Broth/Bouillon (no quantity limitation listed here either)
7) 64+ ozs liquid daily (any calorie free drinks okay)
8) Any sauce I want for the veggies as long as it's not fatty or sugary

I've been sip, sip, sipping all day - 72 ozs. of water so far and I expect to get up to 92 at least before bed.

Last edited:
Day 3 of the pre-surgery diet is over, and I've just started Day 4. I always weigh first thing in the mornings. Another 6 pounds gone overnight. (And 0.8 pounds the night before). 11.8 pounds in 3 days is crazy. I know it can't last - probably a lot of it is due to all the water I'm flushing through my system? I'm managing around 100 ozs. a day - but it's nice to see the scale move in the right direction again. I'm at the lowest I've been in a few years now. 6 pounds more and I'll be 100 pounds down from where I started. Another 0.1 pounds past that and I'll be at the lowest weight I've seen in 8 years.

Keep it up! Eyes on the prize! We're rooting for you! :) And I think I can speak for nearly everyone when I say we really understand how awful liquid diets are. Wishing you all the best!!!

17 pounds down in 4 days.

The last time I was able to be weighed at a doctor's office, I was 585 pounds. For two months after that, i was getting ready to move to another country. I wasn't physically able to stand long enough to cook for myself, really. I was eating out, fast food, 2-3 meals a day, every day, pretty much. The only thing I did that was positive was ensure I have actual vegetables with every meal I ate. My HOME scale would no longer weigh me after 565, and I have no proof I ever got to 600... but I gain SO easily, and I was feeling my clothes get so much tighter, and it was so much harder to walk, that I know I gained at LEAST 15 pounds after that doctor visit that put me at 585. So almost definitely 600. Probably even more.

So now, with these last 4 days, I'm finally looking at my scale say "500." It says "500.8," but still. When it was coming to rest on a number, it kept fluctuating at 499 and I almost had a heart attack. The last time it got to 499, I was in eating disorder therapy, and I freaked out about it and ended up regaining. This time there won't be freaking out, just incredulity, and a reminder to myself that, yes, I do, deserve this. So close. :)

Last edited:
You're doing awesome! I can't wait to follow your progress and this is just the beginning! You know I can relate about the pre-op diet and headaches - IT SUCKED- but it really did pass quicker than I expected and then it was surgery day and now suddenly I'm a month post-op. So hang in there and keep your eyes on the prize!! Seeing that scale moving down has got to feel so good! Keep up the good work!

I don't know what I'd do without this forum. The cheerleading seriously helps with motivation in an unbelievable way. Thank you SO MUCH, ladies. :)

Heeeeyyy...what about me? What am I, chopped goose liver?....jus kiddin..:D...I know you always say.."and Rob too"......It really is time for me to get my ass back to work, I'm getting Waaayy to BORED:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back