More2Adore's Updates

Heeeeyyy...what about me? What am I, chopped goose liver?....jus kiddin..:D...I know you always say.."and Rob too"......It really is time for me to get my ass back to work, I'm getting Waaayy to BORED:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
At LEAST you know HOW to spell BORED...I get crazy when I see someone spelling it board.

You just hadn't posted in here in forever, Rob. I didn't know if you were still reading this thread or not, haha. All the recent supportive posts had been ladies. ;) Just sayin. :p

Depending on how I stand on the scale, I either gained 3 pounds overnight (hahaha), gained 0.4 pounds overnight, or lost down to the magic 499 threshhold. I recorded it as gained 0.4 pounds - I think I'm going to wait to celebrate until I don't have to really finagle the scale to get it to read what I want, hahaha. It'll start moving again, no doubt. Maybe not as drastically. :) I'm about to start "that time of the month" (AREN'T YOU GLAD YOU'RE HERE FOR THIS, ROB) so it's possible I'm retaining more water as well. For the first time, I'm actually not discouraged/worried about it because I know regardless of what happens now I'll be losing for sure in a few weeks, heh. :)

You just hadn't posted in here in forever, Rob. I didn't know if you were still reading this thread or not, haha. All the recent supportive posts had been ladies. ;) Just sayin. :p

Sometimes I just "Lurk"..lol, but I'm one of your biggest cheerleaders too......:D

Depending on how I stand on the scale, I either gained 3 pounds overnight (hahaha), gained 0.4 pounds overnight, or lost down to the magic 499 threshhold. I recorded it as gained 0.4 pounds - I think I'm going to wait to celebrate until I don't have to really finagle the scale to get it to read what I want, hahaha. It'll start moving again, no doubt. Maybe not as drastically. :) I'm about to start "that time of the month" (AREN'T YOU GLAD YOU'RE HERE FOR THIS, ROB) so it's possible I'm retaining more water as well. For the first time, I'm actually not discouraged/worried about it because I know regardless of what happens now I'll be losing for sure in a few weeks, heh. :)

...remember sweety, its all about percentages. Don't sweat the little changes. Your whole metabolism is fixing to get a MAJOR reset in a matter of days!!! AND....I have researched the shit out of this and IMHO....MOST of the initial metabolic "reset" I experienced FIRST hand...I think was due to the VSG part of it. The DS is the insurance part, the math. You will see, it WILL do you really well and lose a lot until you get the stage 2 switch that will take care of the rest and give you that insurance for NEVER having to Die-it again, and I am VERY, HAPPY and excited for you!

Thank you so much, Rob. :) I very much appreciate the support. I gained even more last night... couldn't help but think of you talking about gaining on 1000 calories a day! We'll see. I don't think the rollercoaster ride is over. Somehow I'm still absolutely fine on the pre-op diet. I'm really hanging in there. I think knowing it only has to be a few weeks of this helps!

Thank you so much, Rob. :) I very much appreciate the support. I gained even more last night... couldn't help but think of you talking about gaining on 1000 calories a day! We'll see. I don't think the rollercoaster ride is over. Somehow I'm still absolutely fine on the pre-op diet. I'm really hanging in there. I think knowing it only has to be a few weeks of this helps!

Yeah, that is your body fighting back. What happens is…you have reduced your caloric intake, and your metabolism says “Holy Shit, I need to go in to the survival mode” so then as a built in self-preservation defense, you actually store more (everything) and burn less, real time. That’s the same failed mechanism (actually its not failed, as a self-preservation defense its working perfectly) that I believe ALL obese people have. You don’t gain the kind of weight we have gained and be normal. All the Skinny people, the “normies” eat bad food all day too and they never gain. Because of that F’d up mechanism, in order to actually lose weight, I actually had to go down to less than 200 calories a day in my "Pre-Op WL phase"...lol, (1 protein shake and a piece of ham or cheese throughout the day) in order to lose just 1+ lbs PER WEEK! BUT…you're almost there! Just don’t worry about the GD numbers too much! All you can do is the best you can, the worst part of all this IMHO, is the GD Dr.'s wont believe you! They will think you just sat around eating ice cream all day! Well, guess what!...they can ALL just take turns and KISS my entire not as fat as it used to be ASS!

Last edited:
Somehow I'm still absolutely fine on the pre-op diet. I'm really hanging in there. I think knowing it only has to be a few weeks of this helps!

glad to hear you are feeling good - the time will go by quickly!!

Well, I dropped 8 pounds overnight again! So I officially made it!

100+ POUNDS DOWN!

:f02a2611:

I've come from 600+ to 496... it's absolutely astounding to me to write out that latter number where the scale starts with a 4 again. Insane. I'm so excited, though. :) I tried to do a before-and-after comparison photo, but at this size, you can only see it if you REALLY look hard, haha. Oh well. :) I'm just so thrilled I finally made it here.

I meant to add - I "cheated" last night. I was really feeling CRAPPY - the worst I've felt since I started this. I did a lot of walking yesterday, around the city (had an appointment to get my hair done), and I think that's why. When I got home, I ate my usual "dinner" of Optifast + veggies, but I was still feeling very weak and very headachey and dizzy. :( At the end of the day, I had still only had about 850 calories and 64g of protein. The nutritionist had said it was okay to add a fourth Optifast bar if it got ugly...and for the first time I was considering it. But because of the carbs and fat and calories in the Optifast bar, it would have put me over where I've been staying most days for those numbers. So instead I had a low-carb, low-fat, high-protein protein shake with that protein powder someone was kind enough to recommend here. A little while later, I started feeling MUCH better. The dizziness and headache were gone, and I wasn't feeling as weak. So I seem to be just fine on this diet as long as I'm not super active. On days I'm super-active, though, I clearly need extra protein.

Latest posts

Back