More2Adore's Updates

@JackieOnLine and @brooklyngirl - thank you both so much. :D
@robs477 - I have to admit "baby girl" is a little weird for a 36-year-old woman to hear, LOL. But your comment is very appreciated. :) Not quite sure I'm not a bit of a narcissist - I think of others' feelings and needs all the time in my daily life, but I think we're all at least a LITTLE self-centered when it comes down to it. :p I think we really have to be, in a way, to be able to do what's best for ourselves. :)

Just keep posting...I don't care if your thread is the longest...it's helping you and that is what we are here for. (And yes, I know that's a preposition at the end of that sentence but so????).

This is one journey we take that has to be a bit narcissistic as we need to focus on us not others.

As to being a baby girl...it's all in perspective. To me, yes you are a baby girl. But then I am old enough to have kids your age.

As to being a baby girl...it's all in perspective. To me, yes you are a baby girl. But then I am old enough to have kids your age.

Yeah, its all relative, I'm almost 57 and anyone I'm that much older with, makes me go right to the father thing mentally...lol Its just automatic like its hardwired... And for someone in their late teens or early 20's even "Grandfatherly"......Geez I guess I really am getting old :(

Last edited:
^^^^^What they all said!! I love reading these posts it is the best thing about the forum community. You have no idea how many people you are going to help in the months to come. You are giving a lot of people hope!!!

I would be very sad if you stopped posting as much. I feel like we're all passengers on your journey bus! You have gone through so much to get to this point...we are all so excited for you and want to be on this ride with you! You're halfway around the world yet we're all in this together side by side.
I love following everybody's story's...it's so inspirational!

I would be very sad if you stopped posting as much. I feel like we're all passengers on your journey bus! You have gone through so much to get to this point...we are all so excited for you and want to be on this ride with you! You're halfway around the world yet we're all in this together side by side.
I love following everybody's story's...it's so inspirational!

I agree... I am really a reasonably private person believe it or not and I really limit the circle of people that I allow in to my life...ON PURPOSE! But, we all share something very significant that is LIFE SAVING and LIFE CHANGING together that no one else really fully understands, not even some other family members or friends and I consider the people on here to be my friends that I genuinely care about. And, I truly learn something from every post and its not (as I said), always about WLS. I've learned to understand peoples individual circumstances more and to be more sympathetic, more compassionate and more understanding as well as to remind me of all those things I already knew such as learning to not blame yourself for your medical problems that are not your fault.

Last edited:
The only thing I have been big-time craving over the last few weeks is a big ol' plate of spaghetti with lotsa meat sauce. YUM. And wouldn't you know - I think our next door neighbors have made it, or something much like it. We live in an apartment, and share a balcony with them, so I have been smelling it as strongly as if it were sitting right in front of me for an hour and a half. Time to say "uncle" - I'm going to go take a nap, lol!

Had to share... last night was our one-year wedding anniversary, and this is the dinner that hubby made, simmering on the stove. :) My surgeon's nut had said I could have a "free" dinner for our anniversary, since I've got 4 weeks on Optifast/veggies alone, and I really, really wanted something vaguely Italian with chicken (as a healthier substitute for the spaghetti/meat sauce craving, lol). I picked out a healthy recipe that, per serve, actually has fewer grams of fat, sugar and carbs than Optifast, and only 20 calories more. So I got to have a special dinner without really going "off plan" even though I was given permission to. I want my surgeon to have as easy a time as possible. :)

1797376_10100166048244840_7941681383134079621_n.jpg

Recipe if anyone wants it: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/24038/chicken+with+tomato+and+tarragon
If you need anything translated from Aussie to American in the recipe just let me know. ;)

Today is packing day! In less than 24 hours I'll be in Melbourne, and in a little over 48 hours I'll be meeting with my surgeon. Just 15 hours after that, I'll be checking in at the hospital! I'm so excited, nervous and hopeful all at the same time. :) My weight has continued to go up and drop down, and go up and drop down, but overall it's trending down, and I've now lost 29 pounds since starting the pre-op diet almost a month ago. I actually think it's been way more useful weighing myself every day during this period than I ever thought it would be. I'm much less freaked out by overnight 5 pound gains now, because I've learned that if I hang in there and don't throw in the towel, they DO come off again (and sometimes quickly, since they're probably water retention gains anyway!). It'll be nice to be able to tell my surgeon I've lost 16.5 kilos (36 pounds) since I saw him last, 13 kilos of that on the pre-op diet.

I know some of you are chart aficionados, so here you go (the peak on the left is the day I started the pre-op diet):

10348524_10100166634824330_444120488791677836_n.jpg

Fewer than 12 hours to go now! Saw the surgeon today - we were super anxious because I woke up with some congestion and we were afraid they might cancel the surgery! He said it wasn't a big deal, though, fortunately. Such a big sigh of relief that was. All packed up for the hospital. Going to bed soon - hopefully I can sleep. 5 am (when I'm getting up since I have to be there at 7) is going to come early! ☺

Latest posts

Back