More2Adore's Updates

Annnnnd because this is all a serious comedy of errors, they just called to say the hospital where I'm having surgery is flooded and they're going to have to reschedule my surgery date. Seriously. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. They were able to move most of Mr. Nottle's other patients to other hospitals, but me and a few others can't be accommodated at smaller places, so we have to be rescheduled. They think possibly for just a week later... let's hope! When we get a definite date again, we'll have to reschedule hotel, hubby's leave, flights, rental car... oh man. I just want to throw something, haha. Oh, and an extra week of pre-op diet. Fun!

Annnnnd because this is all a serious comedy of errors, they just called to say the hospital where I'm having surgery is flooded and they're going to have to reschedule my surgery date. Seriously. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. They were able to move most of Mr. Nottle's other patients to other hospitals, but me and a few others can't be accommodated at smaller places, so we have to be rescheduled. They think possibly for just a week later... let's hope! When we get a definite date again, we'll have to reschedule hotel, hubby's leave, flights, rental car... oh man. I just want to throw something, haha. Oh, and an extra week of pre-op diet. Fun!

That sucks the big one!! I am sorry! Pure shit deal!

It's just hilarious. It's like... anything that can go wrong, will go wrong - so I'd prefer all the "going wrong" stuff to happen BEFORE my surgery, anyway. ;)

So sorry about the date (and the extra week of Optifast). Let us know asap what the new date will be (esp me, since I'm your angel, and besides, I'm special).
Flooded. Sheesh! What's next, locusts?

So funny... I think somewhere in the back of my mind I wondered if I truly was a superabsorber, or if I really just lacked self-discipline. I would have gone off on anyone who said that to me, but I think sometimes we're our own worst critics. Thanks to the past two weeks, I no longer think that. I mean, holy crap. I've been logging every single morsel I eat into MFP - down to the last 1/4 tsp. of celery salt. I've been right at 700-800 calories for the last week, and 10-11 cups of water/day, and I've done nothing but fluctuate the same 3-4 pounds, up and down and back up again. I thought maybe it had to do with "that time of the month" - but it's been over for a couple of days now, and I've done nothing but gain since it ended. That 5 is back to being the leading number on my scale again. I'm not going to let it get me down, but DAMN if it isn't mindboggling to me. I'm worried that my surgeon won't believe me. I think the best thing I could truly do for myself is get off this sugary, carby optifast stuff and start drinking protein shakes instead, but I want to be able to say to him honestly that I've stuck to the plan his nutritionist laid out for me, 100%.

How many people that haven't actually been superfat would truly believe someone who is 500ish pounds could GAIN weight on 700 calories a day? It just doesn't even seem like it should be possible.

Since the whole point of the sleeve is to enable me to eat pretty much this amount of calories, I'm wondering how it's really going to help me lose enough weight for my surgeon to go ahead with the DS. Let's hope the unknown metabolic effects are more than we think!

Uggghh! So sorry about your delay! That sux, but, WTH…hang in there kid!....BUT….let us look at the “bright side” shall we? You can FINALLY stop blaming yourself for your obesity. You have proven to yourself as I have proven to myself for 36 YEARS that it’s NOT my fault!!! You have just mathematically proven that you too violate the alleged mathematical constant being one of the components of the law of thermodynamics of 3500 calories equaling 1 lb gained or lost. To put it in my terms, you are now a known, tested and confirmed “super absorber”. NO Human gets to 500 or 600 lbs by just overeating. IF YOU HAD NOT done this wretched torture fest diet, you would have NEVER proven that to yourself and would forever have it in the back of your brain that it was somehow still all your fault…..And NO….DO NOT expect your God Damned Doctor to believe a word you are saying, especially if they are a normie.

And….yes, I promise you, the VSG will give you just barely enough metabolic benefit and changes for the time enough for you to get to the stage two DS part, even if you have to do the self pay thing in Mexico or with Greenbaum, we will start a fund! That has to happen within 12-18 months MAX….get pregnant after that.

Yeah, can't really do that, unfortunately. It has to be sleeve/poppin' out a kid or two/DS. If we waited 18 months plus another 18 months after another surgery we'd be looking at 3 years and I'd be right up on 40 years old. That's just too late to wait to try, biologically, especially combined with other factors we've just learned we have going on. I don't want to lose my chance to have kids - way too important to both of us. I recognize that this means I won't get the full metabolic "boost" from having both a virgin sleeve and a DS... but it is what it is. I can still be successful. I might not ever get down to "normie" weight, but I'm okay with that. I'd be thrilled/happy at 225.

Yeah, can't really do that, unfortunately. It has to be sleeve/poppin' out a kid or two/DS. If we waited 18 months plus another 18 months after another surgery we'd be looking at 3 years and I'd be right up on 40 years old. That's just too late to wait to try, biologically, especially combined with other factors we've just learned we have going on. I don't want to lose my chance to have kids - way too important to both of us. I recognize that this means I won't get the full metabolic "boost" from having both a virgin sleeve and a DS... but it is what it is. I can still be successful. I might not ever get down to "normie" weight, but I'm okay with that. I'd be thrilled/happy at 225.

You will do good. All you can do is all you can do, right! It sounds like you have a good plan.

Latest posts

Back