More2Adore's Updates

Got it! As I understand it, the 28th in Australia will be, let's say, part way through the 27th here in the USA. And the 28th is a Saturday, right? You're having your surgery on a Saturday? I'm fine being your angel no matter what, I just want to make sure I have the timing right.

Yep, that's correct, Larra! :) It was scheduled for a Saturday before, too. But yeah, the time I have to be at the hospital equates to:

7:30 AM Sydney Time Saturday March 28
4:30 PM EST Friday March 27
1:30 PM PST Friday March 27

Not sure what the actual surgery time is but shouldn't be too much after that I wouldn't think since they're having me get there so early.

Ok, haven't checked in on this thread in way too long, so this is the first time I saw your pictures. I can see a difference everywhere. Way to go! Sorry about the reschedule and crazy "food"/optifast plan. My guess is you would lose more weight if you increased calories and protein a bit - your body must be in starvation mode and holding on to every last bit at this point. In any case, you'll be sleeved in a few weeks, I see (congrats on the quick reschedule!), so then you will be able to eat something more reasonable and healthy! You must be famished! Stay strong and stay fabulous!

@hilary1617 and @JackieOnLine - I appreciate both of you so much! :) Thanks for the sweet post, hil. :) Actually, I started adding just one scoop of whey protein isolate to my Optifast shake I have for breakfast. It not only keeps me fuller longer, but since it's low carb/low sugar/low fat, it means I get in 22 grams more of protein a day without adding anything (I hope!) my surgeon wouldn't approve of, while only bumping up my calories a tiny bit (I land typically in the 800 range daily). It's hard to argue with results, too. The day after I started doing this the weight started coming off again. I was 491.2 this morning... that's almost 27 pounds down since the start of this pre-op diet 2.5 weeks ago.

My surgeon's nutritionist said I could have a "free dinner" on our wedding anniversary (in three days) since I'm doing this pre-op diet for a full month, but I think I'm going to just have a half a chicken breast and veggies and some kind of (pre-op-diet-allowed) sauce. I don't want to undo any of my hard work. It's been so long since I've had meat that even a lean chicken breast will seem like heaven, lol. And some of the literature I've read has said that when you're shrinking your liver, just one misstep into high fat/high carb territory can make your liver expand again... I don't want to take that chance.

I spent *forever* on a liquid diet (long story - had to do the preop diet twice to get insurance to cover DS). My first solid meal involved the *best* pork chop ever served to a human. Indeed your chicken breast will be ah-may-zing! Happy anniversary!!!!

I looked today at the length of my "Journey" thread compared to other people's here - I am such an overposter, lol. I apologize if I'm driving anyone nuts. :) This forum has been invaluable, though, and I fully believe that the support/wisdom I get here is partly responsible for how well I've done in the lead-up to surgery. :)

My surgery's a week away now, and I have butterflies. From excitement, not nerves. I don't know why - I just know I'm going into a reasonably safe surgery with a very skilled surgeon, so I'm able to kind of brush off any nervous moments I have.

The good thing about having so many delays with my surgery is that I'm going into this feeling really, really prepared. I've reread the "Eating after the VSG" thread I posted that so many of you wonderful people responded to again and again, and I think I have a pretty strong foothold on what I need to do after surgery & recovery. I'm a little less sure about my surgeon's post-op diet... I need to make sure I don't leave the hospital before I'm 100% certain of what I'm supposed to do. There seems to be a contradiction between the notes I took in my consultation with her and the packet of information she sent me.

I'm so ready to get this done and get on with things. :) I really feel like I've got this. :) Thank you all SO MUCH for all the help you've given me over the last several months! :) I wouldn't have learned even 1/4 of what I know now if it weren't for this forum!

Yes, you got this baby girl! And don't ever apologize for your enthusiasm and positive attitude. You are not an "over-poster" or narcissistic etc. Your journey is unique as are all of ours and I/we learn something every time I read a post. And everything that I learn, isn't always just WLS surgery related.

Latest posts

Back