I've been lost... but now I'm found?

Cello

Well, not LOST exactly, more like MIA. And not so much FOUND as found my way back here. :) This is mostly me checking in to say I'm baaack.... I've missed you all and I've got a LOT of catching up to do here. Before I start reading I want to say hi and let you know where I've been.

So the bottom line is that I've got my gonna-be-90-this-year mom living with me. Usually it's a joy and a pleasure and, mostly, a drama-free relationship. In December she got an ulcer on her toe which has morphed into a major medical incident that is careening toward, among other things, amputation. She's in the hospital now and that actually means I've come up for air.

Somewhere in the past couple months I had my own weird bout of unidentified but thank-goodness-it-wasn't-cDiff runs that are finally over but had me for 23 days before leaving. Anyway, gone now and good riddance. More on that another time and in another post.

And finally I'm coming up on 2 years (March 29th) since my revision and really am finally feeling somewhat normal. I've had enough energy to do all I've needed to do and heavy, fatty proteins (think steak/bbq chicken, etc.) now actually go down great. It took the better part of two years but except for the less than expected weight loss (which I believe could certainly change if I continue feeling well enough to work out -- and continue keeping solid food down b/c I'm sure my body has been in starvation mode again and is storing every possible calorie), I may be able to move forward into a healthy future without any further bariatric surgery (yayyyy) so I am thrilled about that.

OK , that's my 2 minute catchup. Wishing every one of you health and happiness and all that good stuff. Thanks for checking in on me Liz, Diana, Whit and everyone else! It's good to be home. :Dancing_biggrin:

SO glad to see you back. I am sorry about your mom. And sorry you had your own issues to deal with but at least, as you say, it wasn't c-Diff!

:yes2bb: She's BACK!

Well I am glad you are back and so sorry about your Mom. It is great you are in a position to help. When both of my parents were ill I was in another part of the state. I still feel a bit of guilt around that (self imposed) over 8 years after their passing.

:hugs:

It's great to hear from you!

Best,
Whit

I've missed you, babe. I hope your mother's foot ulcer is finally healing. Both my parental units are gone now, so I empathize with what you're going through. My mother had several BO's during her last two years, the hospitalizations were frustrating and tiring. She was only 81 when she died, but non-verbal from mini-strokes and in a care facility with a high level of care. I admire you for having your sweet mother at home with you.

I'm sorry to hear your Mom is having so many problems but it's great you can have her with you - and that your relationship is good.

sorry about the runs, C diff or not that is a long time.

glad you are back!! :wave:

Missed you! I hope all continues to improve in your life. I am sorry that your Mom is having a rough go.

I'm sorry your mom is having troubles. Been doing a lot of the same, and it's hard even with the most agreeable of people. I'm glad you are able to do this for her. You'll be glad too, even if it doesn't seem like it now. Happy to see you back.

I went missing again... and my current sighting here may only be momentary (temporarily anyway). So sad to say my mom fell (in my kitchen while trying to help out) and broke her hip on Sunday. Surgery went fine this morning. Recovery sounds like a long, painful haul. Surgeon told me very few people her age with this particular fracture make it a year. Sigh... I've been touring rehabs and may be away from here again after tonight. Really just wanted to be absent WITH leave instead of without.

Thanks for all the good wishes and posts. Hug your people!

I went missing again... and my current sighting here may only be momentary (temporarily anyway). So sad to say my mom fell (in my kitchen while trying to help out) and broke her hip on Sunday. Surgery went fine this morning. Recovery sounds like a long, painful haul. Surgeon told me very few people her age with this particular fracture make it a year. Sigh... I've been touring rehabs and may be away from here again after tonight. Really just wanted to be absent WITH leave instead of without.

Thanks for all the good wishes and posts. Hug your people!

I am sorry that you and your Mom are going through this. Hugs!

Latest posts

Back