I’m placing this here for limited access

No way in the world it’s in my realm of capabilities! I, also, deeply appreciate this “home base” to rely on and feel understood, and to learn from!

I guess I’m extra dense this morning but why would someone WANT to purchase it? (See,I feel safe here to show my lack of knowledge ). Promoting of products isn’t allowed (thankfully) and I’d hope not to mine email addresses to spam us off site…so please ‘splain to the slow one.

Liz, I fully understand your thoughts and realization that there is a time coming when it’s going to be too much for you, you’ve worked so long and hard for all of us to keep this thing functioning so smoothly. I also really hope some way can be figured out to keep it going in a fashion we would like. That’s my selfish side talking!

Susan

No way in the world it’s in my realm of capabilities! I, also, deeply appreciate this “home base” to rely on and feel understood, and to learn from!

I guess I’m extra dense this morning but why would someone WANT to purchase it? (See,I feel safe here to show my lack of knowledge ). Promoting of products isn’t allowed (thankfully) and I’d hope not to mine email addresses to spam us off site…so please ‘splain to the slow one.

Liz, I fully understand your thoughts and realization that there is a time coming when it’s going to be too much for you, you’ve worked so long and hard for all of us to keep this thing functioning so smoothly. I also really hope some way can be figured out to keep it going in a fashion we would like. That’s my selfish side talking!

Susan
I honestly don’t know but there are companies out there who “collect” forums (for lack of a better term) to add to their portfolio. Typically, they add ads for marketing which is one of the biggest reasons I’ve hesitated selling. I don’t want this place overrun with ads, especially ones that don’t apply to this market.

But unless another individual takes over, I may not have an option to keep it going. He did mention I could stay as admin if I desired. But I still wouldn’t have the final say I do now. My husband knows how to run this type forum, and could take over if something happened to me but he wouldn’t be at the helm long.

I’m starting to consider MY age, health, and future. Over the years, I’ve had people contact me to sell this site. This is the first year it’s even crossed my mind as a possibility. I’m not gonna live forever and I want to know it’s taken care of if something does happen to me.

how much time do we have to come up with something? I know you'd be guessing, but that's what I'm asking: what is your best guess?

Bringing this up again. I found out today, costs are going up on our forum platform and while I have it covered for now thanks to everyone’s donation this year, how much longer is seriously up in the air.

So, maybe the time has come for me to get into serious discussions with the interested party. I want to find out more about them before I do anything. I will remain an admin as long as I can. I will report back what I find out. After all, y‘all are as invested in this forum as I am.

Oh dear. I’m a year older than you, so I’m not the one.

Let me ponder on this for a bit. Ideally, it would be someone who is already a long term participant here, who understands not just the tech aspects but also the ethos of this site, but not necessarily, especially if you remained the admin for a while to show how we do things around here.

Would they also have to host the website?

Oh dear. I’m a year older than you, so I’m not the one.

Let me ponder on this for a bit. Ideally, it would be someone who is already a long term participant here, who understands not just the tech aspects but also the ethos of this site, but not necessarily, especially if you remained the admin for a while to show how we do things around here.

Would they also have to host the website?
Yes, they would need to host eventually, maybe not at first. It’s the ethos of the site that has me concerned. We’ve worked hard to keep it the way it is.

I’m interested as of now. I’m also a tech person and the costs are likely very minimal for me. I’m not as active here but it’s the first place I go when I need something.

I’m interested as of now. I’m also a tech person and the costs are likely very minimal for me. I’m not as active here but it’s the first place I go when I need something.
So weird - earlier this morning there was an ad on TV for some weight loss program, and a woman named Tali (!) said she had failed bariatric surgery but the advertised program helped. And I thought - well that’s not OUR Tali, but I wonder what’s going on with her … and here you are!

The cost is extremely minimal up front as the software is paid up til 2025. It does need updating. I will continue to host until you find a suitable solution.

I would love to pass it along to someone willing to continue it as a free site without ads if possible.

The first thing we would need to do is make you an admin so we need to get together in a private conversation.

So weird - earlier this morning there was an ad on TV for some weight loss program, and a woman named Tali (!) said she had failed bariatric surgery but the advertised program helped. And I thought - well that’s not OUR Tali, but I wonder what’s going on with her … and here you are!

Too funny! yeah I’m not here often. I wish this forum were more active because I love that it’s not on FB. The only reason I still have FB is for the DS groups since they are more active than here,

Latest posts

Back