I’m placing this here for limited access

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
When we started this forum almost 10 years ago, I never dreamed we’d be going as well for as long as we have.

But at 69, I’m starting to consider MY age, health, and future. Over the years, I’ve had people contact me to sell this site. This is the first year it’s even crossed my mind as a possibility. I’m not gonna live forever and I want to know it’s taken care of if something does happen to me. Im not planning on exiting this world til I’m 100 but I also need to be a realist. I think it’s because I’ve seen too many recent deaths of people my age or even younger. That’s not giving me comfort late at night when the squirrels start running around upstairs.

My most recent contact said if I wasn’t ready to sell could I just verify he had the correct contact information. I responded to him saying no, I wasn’t ready but the thought had crossed my mind.

It’s not for the money but for this site to continue. If I could find a member willing to take it over, I would gift it, although they would have to find a hosting solution. If a younger member who has some tech experience is willing to give it a go, let me know.

See, it's that tech experience that is the sticking part for me...
Actually it’s not a great deal of tech experience if willing to deal with a managed hosting like I do. And have someone do the upgrades. (For money). So far, I’ve done fairly well on donations but I still have a bit out of pocket expense. After all, Diana Cox managed to learn to run a forum with no tech experience, she just requires help in other areas.

This forum changed my life. I would have gotten the DS I think, but going to Mexico and going to the Mexicali Center was really because people such as DianaCox and Larra we very confident that was a good place. In the end, it was fast, quick and affordable.
|
Plus, the support has been amazing. 7 years later, still pop in.

Latest posts

Back