Home.... plus pictures

Charris

Now an angel
They kicked me out yesterday. I had a horrible night. I haven't been to sleep. The weather is rainy. Everything is in extreme pain. The 8mg. Of Dilaudid is not touching the pain to make it bearable. It worked in the nursing home along with the 125 fentnol patches. I wonder is it because i got generic? I got name brand in rehab.

Before I left the rehab I found out that I also broke T 7-11 in my back. When I got home last night my daughter took my hair down. My head has been burning. I have a deep gash in the top of my head that looks like I need stitches. So im going to have to go to some medical facility today. It apparently has been there since the accident but hidden.

I'm so happy to be alive. I thought I would let you guys see some of the battle scars and accessories I have acquired with my last incident. I swear if I was following some who has had my story in the last 3 years I would swear they have Munchausen disease. Lol but serious.

Attachments

• 20160409_215407-1.jpg
    20160409_215407-1.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 37
  • 20160409_172733-1.jpg
    20160409_172733-1.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20160403_161447.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20160401_160257-1.jpg
    20160401_160257-1.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 32
@southernlady I believe this is the last. I feel I have had all the health issue because I wasn't getting the lessons I was supposed to get. Things will be turning around for me

Geez, girl. How could they miss a gash in your HEAD??? You're like Humpty Dumpty. Hope pain goes away and all heals soon.

Wow. I hope you heal quickly and your pain comes under control. Hopefully they can do something to help that head gash.

Lady, you're like a cat with 9 lives. I can not imagine the pain you are in and can't believe they freakin' missed a cut on your scalp. It has been much to long now that they won't stitch it, but it does need checked to make sure there is not infection.
I hope you can get some pain relief and sleep.

I am trying to put my current self-pity party in perspective, because you are being so gracious with your own issues. I hope we are both feeling better soon, and I know mine is mostly self-inflicted, so I should just f'ing STOP IT!

Do not let them give you shitty pain meds - tell them they are NOT working and you need to switch back to the name brand.

I am trying to put my current self-pity party in perspective, because you are being so gracious with your own issues. I hope we are both feeling better soon, and I know mine is mostly self-inflicted, so I should just f'ing STOP IT!

Do not let them give you shitty pain meds - tell them they are NOT working and you need to switch back to the name brand.
I am not being a smart-ass. Do you really think a generic pain med is any different than a generic?

Yes sir @DSRIGGS Walgreens confirmed it for me. It depends on the maker of the drug. What different companies use different additives besides the main medication in the pill. For instant Soma which I knew there was a difference at Walgreens. The brand with DAN Written on the pill work for me. When I got another manufacturer it was not the same. The other brand Walgreens uses is manufactured for Walgreens is made in India. They do not work for me.

Just to make sure Walgreens was not pulling my leg I went to FFry's/Kroger pharmacy and they told me the exact thing.

Sadly yes. They are not all formulated the same ways, even with the same meds in them. I assume she's got a fentanyl patch - maybe cheaper, inferior or just plain ineffective-for-her penetrant.

Several months ago I got a generic of a vitamin D analog (calcipitriol) cream that I use on my vulva to treat a minor autoimmune condition. The first tube worked beautifully, and I was able to cut back the amount of strong steroid I was using (which works but has its own issues with constant use). The second tube I opened a couple of days into our month-long RV trip last fall - and immediately thought my bits and pieces were ON FIRE!! The calcipitriol was the same dosage, but formulated with benzyl alcohol!!!

Yes sir @DSRIGGS Walgreens confirmed it for me. It depends on the maker of the drug. What different companies use different additives besides the main medication in the pill. For instant Soma which I knew there was a difference at Walgreens. The brand with DAN Written on the pill work for me. When I got another manufacturer it was not the same. The other brand Walgreens uses is manufactured for Walgreens is made in India. They do not work for me.

Just to make sure Walgreens was not pulling my leg I went to FFry's/Kroger pharmacy and they told me the exact thing.
Thanks Hon. I hope you find the one that works.

I am not being a smart-ass. Do you really think a generic pain med is any different than a generic?
Oh my yes...the fillers and the additives are different. They can't exactly copy a name brand once it's allowed to go generic as the original maker still holds the patent on that particular mix.

Oh my yes...the fillers and the additives are different. They can't exactly copy a name brand once it's allowed to go generic as the original maker still holds the patent on that particular mix.
I have taken for the most part generics for years because of insurance and I can't say I have found them to be any different acting. My pharmacy has changed vendors of a med several times and it was no less effective so I have always chalked up the idea the generics aren't any good to psychosomatic type phenomenon.

This is an interesting article. I am not saying that the argument that a generic isnt effective couldn't be true in some cases but the data doesn't back up the assertion... At least in the quick Google Searches I performed.
http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/27/generic-drugs-prescriptions-lifestyle-health-drugs.html

Edit: Please note this is an "academic discussion" and C I don't think you are being a psychosomatic so please don't take my comments /questions that way. If your pain control isn't working then by all means push until you get what you need. Hang in there. You have been through too much.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back