Life at the Home for the Perpetually Bewildered

I usually label puns as not okay. Sometimes I get surprised into laughing.

Also, I don't get the honeymoon pun.
People want privacy on their honeymoon so they'll tell people to "lettuce alone" or let us alone. I usually find puns to be a low form of humor. However there are some that have been stuck in my brain since childhood. Hence, the lettuce and tomato jokes.

People want privacy on their honeymoon so they'll tell people to "lettuce alone" or let us alone. I usually find puns to be a low form of humor. However there are some that have been stuck in my brain since childhood. Hence, the lettuce and tomato jokes.

If you want low humor, you should hear some of the things my students say. Actually, you probably shouldn't!

If you want low humor, you should hear some of the things my students say. Actually, you probably shouldn't!
Well, I'd like to think I can't be shocked. I'm not as as I used to be since moving to the south. Also as you are a veteran AND a teacher, you have my utmost respect. I taught avionics at Lowry AFB. (No discipline problems!) I don't think I would survive public schools. I would get fired.:p

Well, my favorite joke from years ago was a Dad tomato and a Mother tomato took their son with with them for a walk. But soon the son was poking about looking at rocks and bugs and stuff. The dad got tired of the boy's lollygagging and told him to ketch up, son.

ETA: I added the detail that they were taking a walk. If one is to tell a joke, even a silly one, details are important.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this...

Uma Thurman used that joke in pulp fiction... just after Travolta saved her from a heroin overdose

That man can dance, she's not so bad either

So long as corny jokes are in play

Knock knock

Who's there?

Broken pencil

Broken pencil who?

Oh.... there's just no point...

Well, I'd like to think I can't be shocked. I'm not as as I used to be since moving to the south. Also as you are a veteran AND a teacher, you have my utmost respect. I taught avionics at Lowry AFB. (No discipline problems!) I don't think I would survive public schools. I would get fired.:p

I actually got in trouble for being too nice. Being an adult is weird.

And you'd probably be fine, at least with high school kids. Most of them just want to be treated with respect. They also seem to love snark. And fruit snacks.

I realize I left out a word when I was saying I'm not as foul mouthed as I used to be.

Most of my teacher friends don't regret being a teacher, but not many would do it again. My sister taught one year then quit. She was shocked by the behavior of the other teachers. One thing I remember her complaining about was how the other teachers would hoard supplies. My other friends liked the students but not the parents.

I realize I left out a word when I was saying I'm not as foul mouthed as I used to be.

Most of my teacher friends don't regret being a teacher, but not many would do it again. My sister taught one year then quit. She was shocked by the behavior of the other teachers. One thing I remember her complaining about was how the other teachers would hoard supplies. My other friends liked the students but not the parents.

Most of the teachers I've spoken to don't leave because of the students. Some of the teachers - it's like they teach in high school because, mentally, they never left that stage. And I won't even talk about parents who think their students are angels and never do anything wrong or conversely, have no control over their children.

And then there's admin...

It takes a special person to be a teacher these days.

Pharmaceuticals help. And I'm still new and idealistic enough to want to be a safe place for the students.

I knew one who bragged that she and her husband had engaged in sex in every classroom she had.

Another got drunk in his classroom, took a dump, and wiped his ass by dragging across someone else’s windshield.

These and similar incidents explain why I do not think that arming teachers is a great idea. Some don’t make great decisions.

I has an uncle for either Ohio history or civics. I got transferred to newly created middle. I had an aunt for home ec. Her husband taught shop. I did not like being in schools where my relatives taught. Too their credit, I was treated like everyone while in class. Family dinners sucked. That's when the gloves came off. Everyone was on my ass about not applying myself, except for one uncle who had my back.

ETA To correct grammar and other boo-boos.

Last edited:
I knew one who bragged that she and her husband had engaged in sex in every classroom she had.

Another got drunk in his classroom, took a dump, and wiped his ass by dragging across someone else’s windshield.

These and similar incidents explain why I do not think that arming teachers is a great idea. Some don’t make great decisions.

Arming teachers is not a good idea, for many reasons.

And wow. I don't even know how to react to those teachers.

Latest posts

Back