Just Because I May Cuss a Little...

k9ophile

When I broke my hip and got further sidelined by kidney stones, I lost weight. It was improving until the bunion came along. I find eating to be a challenge and am down to 135. That is not good. I'm supplementing with protein shakes. Beef and pork jerky is easy to eat, even high in sodium, I'm indulging.

I have limited to trips to the toilet. Sponge baths and alternate shampoo methods.

The first week was; no weight baring and only to the toilet. I had oxycodone and I'm using it for sleep. The pain is better. Hooray! May get the stitches out Thursday. My dream of being a toe model has been shot to hell. And I'll never wear high heels. Oh the agony of it all.

DH was with me when I was told I'd not be able to wear heels. I swear he giggled or at least made some noise when he smirked. I did wear heels occasionally when I had to dress nice for a job. Maybe in my 30's. I have a gait like a cow so heels were never a priority. Also, I don't mind walking like a cow.

She did a fusion to fix my problem. I don't know how much I'll be able to bend that toe.

I'm in favor of sensible shoes for all. Glad the pain is getting better and hope you'll be walking comfortably soon!

The first week was; no weight baring and only to the toilet
non weight bearing is HARSH

but sounds like you've progressed since then? I'm glad for all the good news; it's all worth MUCH more than wearing high heels. leave that to Ginger Rogers. :bacondance:

My sister may be trying to copy some of your tricks. Today, she SAYS her foot slid off the brake and kind of slammed into the car ahead of her at the stop sign. Not enough to activate the air bags. But enough to get her ass loaded on an ambulance and taken to the hospital.

So everything on our agenda got erased as we waited in stand-by mode, as we are geographically closest to her.

With a boot and oxycodone and the knowledge that only one toe is for sure broken, she will survive.

The stitches are out. I'll spare you the pictures. Best of all? I can shower and shampoo. I used those hospital grade wipes and the shampoo caps.

It seems like oxycodone doesn't work on pain, but it helped me sleep. I have never finished a prescription in the past. This time I got a refill.

Also since I'm able to walk "normal" i.e. weight baring, I'm not so nervous nervous about walking. Just using my heel was tricky.

The stitches are out. I'll spare you the pictures. Best of all? I can shower and shampoo. I used those hospital grade wipes and the shampoo caps.

It seems like oxycodone doesn't work on pain, but it helped me sleep. I have never finished a prescription in the past. This time I got a refill.

Also since I'm able to walk "normal" i.e. weight baring, I'm not so nervous nervous about walking. Just using my heel was tricky.
I’m so glad to hear it’s improving and I hope the pain diminishes quickly now!

susan

enough to get her ass loaded on an ambulance and taken to the hospital.

oh, dear! I'm glad it wasn't worse and hope her toe mends quickly. please warn her not only do those boots throw off balance (they can, anyway) you get used to the weight and it can throw you off balance once you can take it off!

since I'm able to walk "normal" i.e. weight baring, I'm not so nervous nervous about walking.

so glad you are healing! take good care of yourself!

:5grouphug:

My sister may be trying to copy some of your tricks. Today, she SAYS her foot slid off the brake and kind of slammed into the car ahead of her at the stop sign. Not enough to activate the air bags. But enough to get her ass loaded on an ambulance and taken to the hospital.

So everything on our agenda got erased as we waited in stand-by mode, as we are geographically closest to her.

With a boot and oxycodone and the knowledge that only one toe is for sure broken, she will survive.
Oh, dear. I’m sorry that happened to her. Glad she’ll be okay.

Glad you can shower and shampoo! That’s a big step forward to feeling better. Keep healing.

oh, dear! I'm glad it wasn't worse and hope her toe mends quickly. please warn her not only do those boots throw off balance (they can, anyway) you get used to the weight and it can throw you off balance once you can take it off!

so glad you are healing! take good care of yourself!

:5grouphug:
I WILL tell her. Thanks!

When I broke my hip and got further sidelined by kidney stones, I lost weight. It was improving until the bunion came along. I find eating to be a challenge and am down to 135. That is not good. I'm supplementing with protein shakes. Beef and pork jerky is easy to eat, even high in sodium, I'm indulging.

I have limited to trips to the toilet. Sponge baths and alternate shampoo methods.

The first week was; no weight baring and only to the toilet. I had oxycodone and I'm using it for sleep. The pain is better. Hooray! May get the stitches out Thursday. My dream of being a toe model has been shot to hell. And I'll never wear high heels. Oh the agony of it all.

Went to my colorectal surgeon today. Weighed in on the same scale as I used in late June. I’m NOT trying to lose weight, but I’m down 17 pounds. That wouldn’t be concerning if I had been trying…but this is weird.

Went to my colorectal surgeon today. Weighed in on the same scale as I used in late June. I’m NOT trying to lose weight, but I’m down 17 pounds. That wouldn’t be concerning if I had been trying…but this is weird.
I hear you. I haven't been trying at all and I was rather shaken. When I went back a week later, I was back up to what I thought I weighed. User error? I suspect a glitch in this whole thing because I haven’t noticed loose jeans. I generally find myself trusting how my clothes fit as opposed to what the scale says. However, I will use my own scale to test my theory as I tend to wear bigger clothes than my actual size.

Latest posts

Back