You can't make this shit up - SMH - surgery tomorrow

I was able to see a surgeon today whom I have consulted before. What I thought was a single inguinal hernia is actually bilateral. He has a slot open TOMORROW so guess who is getting an open bilateral hernia repair with mesh tomorrow? This guy!

Beats the hell out of July, 7 consult and then who knows how long for surgery after that. What other local guy was going to be.

Not looking forward to another surgery and recovery, but I am looking forward to being done with this garbage.

Thank goodness I'm so happy for you Scott. Well I guess the too busy dr. Is going to think before thinking he can act like a God and put people in pain off for long periods of time. Most Dr's. I have dealt with have specific times in their daily schedule for emergency patients to be able to get in to see them within a day or two.

Thank goodness I'm so happy for you Scott. Well I guess the too busy dr. Is going to think before thinking he can act like a God and put people in pain off for long periods of time. Most Dr's. I have dealt with have specific times in their daily schedule for emergency patients to be able to get in to see them within a day or two.
Thanks darlin!

I am pretty darn sure that I have a freaking inguinal hernia now. I have has this hard lump that I found this weekend on the right side of my groin.....not the privates but the pubie bone. It is smooth and when I grab that area it is very solid and the other side is just soft tissue. Yesterday I emailed my pcp to ask about it and as soon I hit send it deflated after I passed some gas. He said he doesn't need to see me because from what I described he has no doubt it is an inguinal hetnia. He is referring me to a local surgeon, actually the guy who did surgery and found Camerons Hodgkins. ....so we see where we go.

I asked Dr k about groin pain and trouble peeing and he said it sounded like prostate and to see a urologist when I got home. He also checked the peritoneal cavity when he did my ventral hernia repair and saw nothing....so this damn thing must have just finally popped through.

I am tired of this shit but what are you going to do.

So yeah I guess my attention whoring days aren't over as it looks like another freakin surgery. FML!
Well shit! This sucks dude. It is quick and easy surgery. Take it easy after.

I'm so glad you're on the schedule so soon! Sorry it has to be open - have some ice packs ready for when you get home.

I'm so glad you're on the schedule so soon! Sorry it has to be open - have some ice packs ready for when you get home.
Thanks and yeah I figured it would have to be open so that wasn't a huge shock....the bilateral was a bit....it aches a little on the left but not the big know like the left side. He looked and before even touching said, you have a hernia on both sides. Regarding lap vs open he was worried about not knowing exactly where the mesh was and didn't want to put a trocar through the mesh so I am okay with it as it makes sense to me. He said he could go in possibly way from the sides but said he really needed to be right where my mesh is though to be to do this lap.

I have frozen veggies bags! :D

Yeah, I had a feeling the old mesh could be an issue. And frozen veggies should do the trick. Keep us posted!

Yeah, I had a feeling the old mesh could be an issue. And frozen veggies should do the trick. Keep us posted!
I knew you did and were just trying to keep my hopes up. :D

I shall .....I did just sent my PCP a message asking him for some Percocet because this guy won't do anything but NORCO which doesn't touch break through pain for me......so we shall see.

Latest posts

Back