You can't make this shit up - SMH - surgery tomorrow

So the surgeon's office here in Peoria just called back (after I had to freaking call them......they got the referral on Friday morning).. Consultation on July, 11. Threes weeks is the best you can do? Is only in the office on Mondays. I fucking hate this inefficient, fucked up system. 3 weeks to get a 5 minute office appointment and then I am sure 3-4 weeks after that before they can do surgery. FUCK MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so tired of this shit!

FYI - I walked probably 1,000 yards on Saturday for an anniversary shopping/eating/drinking excursion (very slowly I might add) and that night I could hardly move. I need this taken care of sooner than that so I don't know what the hell to do. I know I am not the only person in town needing surgery but it is just so frustrating. So I guess now I have to try another office because I am not waiting 6 damn weeks if I can help it.

So the surgeon's office here in Peoria just called back (after I had to freaking call them......they got the referral on Friday morning).. Consultation on July, 11. Threes weeks is the best you can do? Is only in the office on Mondays. I fucking hate this inefficient, fucked up system. 3 weeks to get a 5 minute office appointment and then I am sure 3-4 weeks after that before they can do surgery. FUCK MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so tired of this shit!

FYI - I walked probably 1,000 yards on Saturday for an anniversary shopping/eating/drinking excursion (very slowly I might add) and that night I could hardly move. I need this taken care of sooner than that so I don't know what the hell to do. I know I am not the only person in town needing surgery but it is just so frustrating. So I guess now I have to try another office because I am not waiting 6 damn weeks if I can help it.

Did you ask them to put you on a wait list in case someone cancels? I ALWAYS do this, and drop everything and get my ass in there if there is an opening! Regardless, YES, SOOOOOPER annoying to have to wait that long, ESPECIALLY if you are in pain!

Did you ask them to put you on a wait list in case someone cancels? I ALWAYS do this, and drop everything and get my ass in there if there is an opening! Regardless, YES, SOOOOOPER annoying to have to wait that long, ESPECIALLY if you are in pain!
Oh believe me, I always ask to be put on that list. Naturally I was told they don't have a list and I should call early next week to see if there are any cancellations. I really hate inefficiency.

I am going to call the office manager and tell her I am in pain and my circumstance then ask for her to squeeze me in somewhere on Monday.

Can you go get a truss in the meantime to hold the hernia in place and relieve some of the pressure and pain?
To be honest I don't even know what that device would be. I shall have to look. Thanks

It is mainly a big hard knot in the groin from the mid line if you drew from Willie to belly button, and to the right for the entire vertical length of the groin. It also sometimes is starting poke into the scrotum.

EDIT: I googled it and it shows Walmart having this one that could maybe help

http://www.walmart.com/ip/40481961?...15743592&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=94224081632&veh=sem

Last edited:
I don't know your current work situation or how feasible this is for you, but if it were me, I'd go into the office the second they unlock the doors in the morning, and just sit in the waiting room until I had seen a doctor, all damn day if I had to (don't ask permission, just let them know you'll be waiting right over there, reading quietly). Explain your situation briefly and ask specifically, "is there any way you can help me? I just need to see the doc briefly so I can get my surgery scheduled as soon as possible." Be very polite, but persistent. Bribe them with chocolate if it might help. Don't be overly dramatic, but let them know that you are in a lot of pain 24 hours a day and you'd rather wait around there all day if it means you won't have to deal with the pain for an extra 3+ weeks. Surely the good Dr. has an extra 5 minutes somewhere in the entire day where he/she can just process whatever paperwork needs to be done to schedule a surgery. I mean, come on. This isn't carpal tunnel or tonsils or a bunion or something where an extra month of pointless farting around is annoying but manageable. This is constant, significant pain in a very sensitive area of the body.

It's easy for you to be forgettable when you are just a name on a list, and you already know how unlikely they are to call and get you in early. It's harder to ignore you when you are right there in the office, polite, ready, and willing to patiently wait to see the doctor whenever he has a second.

Good luck! So sorry health "care" has come to this. :(

I'm glad you Googled "truss". I'd hate to call you a whipper snapper. For years, I didn't even know hernias could be operated on, but I do remember a lot of "truss" jokes. I think they were washed on scrub boards.

I don't know your current work situation or how feasible this is for you, but if it were me, I'd go into the office the second they unlock the doors in the morning, and just sit in the waiting room until I had seen a doctor, all damn day if I had to (don't ask permission, just let them know you'll be waiting right over there, reading quietly). Explain your situation briefly and ask specifically, "is there any way you can help me? I just need to see the doc briefly so I can get my surgery scheduled as soon as possible." Be very polite, but persistent. Bribe them with chocolate if it might help. Don't be overly dramatic, but let them know that you are in a lot of pain 24 hours a day and you'd rather wait around there all day if it means you won't have to deal with the pain for an extra 3+ weeks. Surely the good Dr. has an extra 5 minutes somewhere in the entire day where he/she can just process whatever paperwork needs to be done to schedule a surgery. I mean, come on. This isn't carpal tunnel or tonsils or a bunion or something where an extra month of pointless farting around is annoying but manageable. This is constant, significant pain in a very sensitive area of the body.

It's easy for you to be forgettable when you are just a name on a list, and you already know how unlikely they are to call and get you in early. It's harder to ignore you when you are right there in the office, polite, ready, and willing to patiently wait to see the doctor whenever he has a second.

Good luck! So sorry health "care" has come to this. :(
I am calling another surgical office in the morning and asking how quickly they can get me in. The problem with the surgeon I am trying to get into is that he only has clinic on Monday and is in the OR the rest of the week. I got busy today and didn't get the office manager called at the current place but I am doing that tomorrow as well.

So I just made a phone call to the office who was going to do my ventral hernia repair before I decided that I needed to see Dr K because of possible DS plumbing complications and they actually have an opening in the morning. I took that in a heart beat.

So I just made a phone call to the office who was going to do my ventral hernia repair before I decided that I needed to see Dr K because of possible DS plumbing complications and they actually have an opening in the morning. I took that in a heart beat.

WOO HOO!!!

YES!!!

Latest posts

Back