Why did you chose your avatar?

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
For those not using their own photo, why did you choose the avatar you are using.

Mine is a Red Hatted lady...I found her shortly after I had my 50th birthday and was able to be a Red Hat (not pink hat) Society member. I tubed the photo using Paint Shop Pro so I could make her in various sizes Then I made several adding the name Southernlady underneath. She's been my avatar for most of the last 14 years.

I tend to not use my own photo most places...I broke that habit at OH and after they decided to link themselves to a FB feed, I had to find something. My current one with Southernlady wasn't anonymous enough so I began to use my cat over there. But here I am back to my Red Hat lady.

Next.....

Last edited:
Mine is my beloved Furry. She was a tortoiseshell that I got in May of 1995 and lost to cancer in January of 2011. In this photo she is being very bad and sleeping on the clean laundry that my mother had drying in the California sunshine! In her defense the basket was just her size and the towel was lovely and warm to curl up on! @ProteinSnob Maggie Smith is one of my very favorite actresses and has been since I saw the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie when I was young. She regularly cracks me up on PBS!

My avatar is from a Dowager Countess GIF that makes me smile, one where with one eyebrow cocked she chides, "You are a woman with a brain and reasonable ability. Stop whining and find something to do"
It's a reminder to myself to stay strong and involved about getting healthy (and also not to whine).

I love the Dowager Countess!

I just found a pic on the PC and used it. Not much thought went into it. The pic was snapped while I was shopping with my wife at Disney World. I grabbed up the silly chipmunk hat and put it on my head.

Next thing I know my wife snapped that pic....

Mine is my beloved Furry. She was a tortoiseshell that I got in May of 1995 and lost to cancer in January of 2011.
She was a BEAUTY!
I haven't posted an avatar because I'm clueless. (*grin*) When I get around to figuring out how, I'm going to use my favorite pic of my dogther Sadie. (And yes, I DID mean to type 'dogther'. She's my furbaby.)
If you email me your pic of Sadie, I'll fix it so it shows as your avatar. email is southernlady5464 at gmail dot com.

Latest posts

Back