Well, leave it to me to forget my own surgiversary!!!

Will2014

On May 8th 2014 I had my DS surgery with the late, great Dr. Alberto Aceves at the Almater Hospital in Mexicali, Mx. My weight was 412 lbs when I began this fateful journey, and I am now 198lbs for a grand total of 214 lbs lost. I took a position in a new hospital where only 4 people knew me as an obese guy in the past, the rest are shocked when I tell them I was once a HUGE dude. My life is completely different now, and in all honesty it's a tad difficult for me to remember what life as a super morbidly obese man was like. I owe EVERYTHING to the wonderful folks here who taught me, guided me, supported me when I was down, and basically have become like a second family to me over the past year. Thank you all for all that you've given me, and my wife by way of extension. One great day I'll have my wife help me figure out how to add some before and after pics....it's literally shocking how far I've come!! Thanks again to one and all here, old and new! As I've said many times before...this website has saved my life on countless occasions. I will be forever greatful to all the seasoned vets who invested so much time and effort to help me.

:thankyou1:

On May 8th 2014 I had my DS surgery with the late, great Dr. Alberto Aceves at the Almater Hospital in Mexicali, Mx. My weight was 412 lbs when I began this fateful journey, and I am now 198lbs for a grand total of 214 lbs lost. I took a position in a new hospital where only 4 people knew me as an obese guy in the past, the rest are shocked when I tell them I was once a HUGE dude. My life is completely different now, and in all honesty it's a tad difficult for me to remember what life as a super morbidly obese man was like. I owe EVERYTHING to the wonderful folks here who taught me, guided me, supported me when I was down, and basically have become like a second family to me over the past year. Thank you all for all that you've given me, and my wife by way of extension. One great day I'll have my wife help me figure out how to add some before and after pics....it's literally shocking how far I've come!! Thanks again to one and all here, old and new! As I've said many times before...this website has saved my life on countless occasions. I will be forever greatful to all the seasoned vets who invested so much time and effort to help me.

:thankyou1:
Oh how wonderful for you! Happy surgiversary!

Happy surgiversary man. I too would love to see before/after pics so I can get a sense of where I'm headed one day.

Muchos gracias guys! I'm at my goal weight....but if I have excess skin removed could drop another 10+lbs I imagine. My goal now is to add some muscle mass back! I went from a 4X to a large shirt size!! That's pretty wild for me. I'll work on those pics... :)

Happy belated surgiversary! Congrats on all your success!! Thanks for your help with my journey as well. Your suggestion to try Simply Lemonade was a god send!! Would love to see those pics!

Happy belated surgiversary! Congrats on all your success!! Thanks for your help with my journey as well. Your suggestion to try Simply Lemonade was a god send!! Would love to see those pics!
Thanks Jen and I'm so glad the Simply Lemonade worked for you!! It really saved my life as well, I was in deep trouble with dehydration when I got the tip about it. :hair fire:

Latest posts

Back