VSG to DS revision -how long on puree?

LindaDarnell

I know that most of the nutritionist/RDs take a one size fits all approach to food and vitamin regimen. So im trying to figure it out on my own. My RD insists that I follow the protocol for all DS patients (which is really designed for RNY) and keep me on soft and puree for a month to 6 weeks. No, im not ready to eat a steak or chicken breast anytime soon..but im thinking within 2 weeks i could have more sustenance than yogurt and mush chicken. I had the switch added...sleeve not touched. Am i jumping the gun? Should i just stay on pureeed for 6 weeks as advised?

Each surgeon has their own protocol.

Some were on liquids for a month (not even soft foods) while others were released from the hospital on soft and told to go ahead and gently try what they wanted.

I would ask your surgeon (not his staff) if advancing since your sleeve was untouched is doable.

I had the VSG to DS revision 3 weeks ago and I've been eating turkey, hamburger patties, chicken, sausage patties, etc. for a week. I don't really have any limitations.

Thank you all for the advice. I did talk with my dr before I was released yesterday. He more or less said to follow the "protocol " and progress as it states. Fortunately, because of the gas pains and discomfort, I dont have an appetite so im using that to my advantage. Im going to take it slowly and try different foods when i think im up to it. Right now im just in the mood for broth and popsicles. We shall see..

Latest posts

Back