Gut-punched by "friend" - don't know what, if anything, to do

"You together cannot even begin to fathom the enormity of the fuck we now do not give."

That reminds me of one of my favorite sayings ...
b1a.jpg
I love this!! I'm stealing it!

Finally bit the bullet, made an appointment to get a cut and color with the first stylist i could find near me who would take me (and my husband, who was turning into Grizzly Adams himself) right away - and I think it looks better than what Mitra did. HAH!

Wow very sad situation . Something to think about in regards to the comments about her ability to represent you. She will try to use that to persuade people her way and that was the reason you committed this egregious act towards her even if it is just in her mind.

Ugh. So sorry. You deserve so much better. She is not worthy of your time or thoughts, let alone friendship.

I completely understand the desire to send the drafted note, but I'd advise keeping the higher ground by leaving the reversal of your RSVP as the final contact. Silence from one who is known for words would send an even more powerful message.

Silence is not my strong suit. The only way I can shut up is to write it out and hold on to it until it feels stale.
I suffer from the same affliction when it comes to keeping my thoughts to myself. I blame my mother for passing that on to me. :D

Silence is not my strong suit. The only way I can shut up is to write it out and hold on to it until it feels stale.

Exactly...and Mitra knows that silence is not your strong suit...so she is expecting words. And as long as she isn't getting what she expects, she is a bit off balance...which means you are "winning." Not like Charlie Sheen, but you have "won" because she isn't getting your money...any of it...and she will have to explain your absence to mutual acquaintances...and she has caused a rift between y'all and Ian and all four of you know whose fault that is. And your hair looks better.

I have a now FORMER handyman who is waiting for me to flame out at him because he deserves it. (Even though he FINALLY, months late, made the last payments on the car he was buying from us and apologized profusely for his tardy payments and causing us to lose trust in him...but he did it in writing, not on the phone or in person.) I am, for the time being, saying nothing. I haven't even deposited the checks...and can't really, because escrow is about to close and we'd confuse things with random, last-minute deposits to bank accounts and have to write yet another letter explaining that money.) That is undoubtedly making him nervous...and I am enjoying that AND I have my money.

Maybe the car will break down now! And maybe you will sell to people she can't stand, with an ADHD son who is starting a garage band and a slutty daughter whose many "suitors" drive up and honk all the time and they sit in the car almost making babies with the radio blasting.

See? Life holds so many promises!!

Your method is so me. I write a long text or email and get it all out but then erase the majority of it hours later before sending. It feels so liberating cause I got it out.

I'm only silent when I'm writing poison pen emails. Writing them provides no satisfaction, no release, unless I press 'send'. To date, not a single recipient of one of my missives has realized the error of their ways and begged me for forgiveness. And yet I continue to send them. There's some pathology there.

I'm only silent when I'm writing poison pen emails. Writing them provides no satisfaction, no release, unless I press 'send'. To date, not a single recipient of one of my missives has realized the error of their ways and begged me for forgiveness. And yet I continue to send them. There's some pathology there.
I tend to do the "don't get mad, get even" route. For companies, social media is ideal. :)

Latest posts

Back