Update: All Time Low

Scott, with all you've been through, you have every right to be a little "whiney" though I don't think so. Your courage is an inspiration and good times are headed your way. Happy B-day to your Wife as well.
Thanks my man! I am feeling better tonight, but man I was weak earlier today.

BTW, my wonderful SIL's are putting together a surprise party for Dianna on Friday night so I feel so much better. It is short notice so I don't know if some of her friends can make it who live up around Chicago or a state away (4 hour drive) but at least I can show her how much I love her and appreciate her. She has told me she doesn't want a party but we know deep down she will get over that and have a great time.

Sorry you have been going through a bit of blues. You have been through a lot, but that is because you are a 'doer' and you take action when needed. You know you did this because you believed it was what you needed so give yourself a break. Your body has been through a lot and needs time to heal and it's normal to feel weak and lose a bit of weight as you go through it. All will be better after some time. Keep your eye on the prize!
Happy birthday to your wife and bravo to your SILs for stepping up to help out!
Take care.

Sorry you have been going through a bit of blues. You have been through a lot, but that is because you are a 'doer' and you take action when needed. You know you did this because you believed it was what you needed so give yourself a break. Your body has been through a lot and needs time to heal and it's normal to feel weak and lose a bit of weight as you go through it. All will be better after some time. Keep your eye on the prize!
Happy birthday to your wife and bravo to your SILs for stepping up to help out!
Take care.
Thanks Pam and yes I am very thankful for dianna"s sisters.

Hi Scott. Sorry to hear you are going through this. I've been following your journey and keeping my fingers crossed that your weight loss turns around any day now and the revision works as Dr. K expects. Hopefully each day will start to be better than the last. Hang in there and happy 50th to your lovely wife!

Scott, wish your lovely wife Dianna a very happy birthday from me! She is a sweetheart and as crappy as you are feeling right now, you have both been through worse. You will make it through this as well.

Hi Scott. Sorry to hear you are going through this. I've been following your journey and keeping my fingers crossed that your weight loss turns around any day now and the revision works as Dr. K expects. Hopefully each day will start to be better than the last. Hang in there and happy 50th to your lovely wife!
Thanks Jen

The wound is healing and pain is getting less everyday. Being on two antibiotics has my gut a mess - painful bloating at night for hours that keeps me up and then in 4-5 am 0time range I am awoken after my much sleep to diarrhea. Depending on how the wound continues healing I may ask my Dr if I can stop them. I had a huge dose of high power stuff in the hospital so I should be safe on the infection front.

I know the antibiotics aren't fun, but don't just stop them. Sort of a recipe for disaster.
No they are more than not fun they are causing a great deal of pain. I spoke with my PCP and he told me the culture showed 3 different anaerobes and told me I could stop the amoxicillin but to stay on the c lindamycin as it will cover those strains.

I was also on Zosyn for 3 days in the hospital, so I am well covered antibiotic wise and my wound has stopped draining for 2 days now.

No they are more than not fun they are causing a great deal of pain. I spoke with my PCP and he told me the culture showed 3 different anaerobes and told me I could stop the amoxicillin but to stay on the c lindamycin as it will cover those strains.

I was also on Zosyn for 3 days in the hospital, so I am well covered antibiotic wise and my wound has stopped draining for 2 days now.

I understand. Hope I didn't come off cavalier. I had wound infection after my last revision, and it was extremely uncool. Some of the bacteria that grew out were scary. I had considered stopping the antibiotics midway through treatment, because they were tearing me up, but glad I didn't when the cultures came back. If I had quit in the middle, it could have gotten really ugly. Hope you are mended soon.

I understand. Hope I didn't come off cavalier. I had wound infection after my last revision, and it was extremely uncool. Some of the bacteria that grew out were scary. I had considered stopping the antibiotics midway through treatment, because they were tearing me up, but glad I didn't when the cultures came back. If I had quit in the middle, it could have gotten really ugly. Hope you are mended soon.
Thanks and no worries. I appreciate the good thoughts.

The cultures are back and just those 3, which are a moderate risk that I believe were covered by the Zosyn but I asked my Doc....and I am staying on the Clynda as directed.

Hey Scott, I have been in lurking mode for a while but could not let the opportunity go to send you some positive thoughts. Damn antibiotics, if they don't kill you they will eventually make you feel better. Especially when they are finished. Hang in there, I am sending you some healing thoughts.

Hey Scott, I have been in lurking mode for a while but could not let the opportunity go to send you some positive thoughts. Damn antibiotics, if they don't kill you they will eventually make you feel better. Especially when they are finished. Hang in there, I am sending you some healing thoughts.
Thanks Mom

Scott, wish your lovely wife Dianna a very happy birthday from me! She is a sweetheart and as crappy as you are feeling right now, you have both been through worse. You will make it through this as well.
Hi Larra,

I missed this earlier and will definitely pass along your wishes for a Happy Birthday.

Thanks - I am going to stick with clynda as long as I can but I would think that 3 days of Zosyn and almost 4 days of clynda and amoxa should have the killed the 3 anaerobes found.

Latest posts

Back