Update: All Time Low

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
After spending the weekend (Friday afternoon ER, Admit that evening, procedure Sunday, discharge late Monday afternoon) for an infected surgical incision and suspected bowel perforation where interventional radiology aspirated 20 CC out of my abdominal cavity and some from under the wound, I am home and struggling to recover. Thankfully no perforation was found but several days NPO and or Clear liquid diet, no vitamins, and along with every 6 hour dosing of Zosyn have left have left me quite depleted energy and weight wise. Obviously not a huge surprise.

That being said the wound is healing and for the most part has stopped draining (Serosanguineous fluid) which is very good. I am on two antibiotics for the next 10 days (Augmentin and Clyndamyacin) so I am battling with the gut issues (last night was terribly bloated and unable to pass gas or move bowels, this morning it is violent diarrhea - which I prefer temporarily to the bloat and pain that keeps me up all night). All in all I am on the mend and have to stay positive but I am feeling very run down and frankly mentally down especially when I hopped on the scale this morning and saw that I have hit what I believe is an all time low of 172.5. :frown::sick:

I will heal and this revision will eventually be a very good thing for me but right now it is kicking my tale.

Scott, you will get better, and even better enough to recall that the revision is kicking your tail, not your tale (sorry,couldn't help myself). Now that you're home, do the best you can with protein, protein, protein, because without protein you won't heal. Add some vitamin C if you aren't taking it already. We absorb it fine, but it's required for healing, that's why I'm mentioning it, and of course when you weren't eating you weren't getting any Vitamin C.
I have never read the label on Costco's probiotics but have a feeling they aren't as strong as stuff like Primal Defense Ultra or even better, the refrigerated stuff. So read before you buy. The info may even be available on line. This is certainly a time when you want to make sure your probiotics are effective.

Thanks Larra for the encouragement and advice. I will probably order your stuff off Amazon today and do 3 times a day for at least a few weeks. I have been taking another one off Amazon that Dianna and Collin take, until I can get mine.

Just sending some positive thoughts your way Scott, for fast healing from your revision and then onto better health because of it!

Scott, you do have a sad tale. I'm so sorry. It gets really hard to go through these things, but you WILL get through this. I have come to care about you, consider you a friend - even though we've never met. I truly hope you feel better soon. Thanks for sharing your journey. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda

Thanks so much but I haven't gone through half of what some of you and others have gone through. I appreciate your friendship and support and know that I will be better soon. I am just a little depressed and whiney today. My beautiful wife Dianna turns 50 tomorrow and I won't be able to do anything for her. Fortunately her two wonderful sisters are taking care of a surprise party for her on Friday.. It is very short notice so I don't know if any of her out of town friends can make it but at least family and local friends can be there.

Thanks

You may not have gone thru as much as others, but your journey hasn't been an easy ride either. Most importantly it's your journey and right now it's got you down. I certainly understand how you're feeling.
Perhaps for Dianna you could share your memories of her when you first met, how she made you feel, that sort of thing. My husband and I have been married 30 years and I love it when we take trips down memory lane. Just a thought.

I am sorry that you are continuing to lose. This is not surprising to me at all. I bet you were pumped full of fluids in the hospital. I know I also retain fluids when I travel. You are probably dumping all of this plus your body is struggling to heal. Relax for a bit, be reassured by what Dr. K told you. Give yourself some time to heal and bounce back from this trauma. Are you still taking the creon?

*repost from accountability thread*

I am sorry that you are continuing to lose. This is not surprising to me at all. I bet you were pumped full of fluids in the hospital. I know I also retain fluids when I travel. You are probably dumping all of this plus your body is struggling to heal. Relax for a bit, be reassured by what Dr. K told you. Give yourself some time to heal and bounce back from this trauma. Are you still taking the creon?

*repost from accountability thread*
No Creon.... Will go back if needed. Dr l said to expect it to take a while to turn and no doubt with three days pretty much NPO or clear this past weekend I am zapped from that. I was 182 when I went in that day (their scale always higher than mine) so I will get back after I heal

Hang in there @DSRIGGS. you have a huge fan club cheering for you, but it sounds like what you need more than anything is some hope that your condition will turn around soon. Of course i can't read the future, but i see no downside in believing this with all your heart but also giving yourself permission to just feel "blech" for a little while without expectation or judgement. This too shall pass but it stinks right now and particularly since your wife's bday is coming up.

Hang in there @DSRIGGS. you have a huge fan club cheering for you, but it sounds like what you need more than anything is some hope that your condition will turn around soon. Of course i can't read the future, but i see no downside in believing this with all your heart but also giving yourself permission to just feel "blech" for a little while without expectation or judgement. This too shall pass but it stinks right now and particularly since your wife's bday is coming up.
:thumbsup: Thank Mom, I am going to be fine. Just hurting and tired right now, but that will get better.

Feel better, you've been through the ringer and are finally on the other side. Every day should be better from here!

Scott, with all you've been through, you have every right to be a little "whiney" though I don't think so. Your courage is an inspiration and good times are headed your way. Happy B-day to your Wife as well.

Latest posts

Back