TMI Stool color (white/tan)

Snowbutterfly

I've searched the site and googled but i can't seem to find the answer. Does anyone know anything about white or tan colored poop? I've finally started going and at first it was normal colored, and then it got lighter and lighter in color. Is this normal?

No such thing as TMI on this site. Mine was super pale for the first month and from day to day it varied based on my diet

When I have a run of protein drinks as my primary "food" for a day or two it gets light tan, nearly white. But when I shake up my diet it gets darker

Unfortunately for me, the smell is horrendous regardless of color. My surgeon said the color is normal

Are you taking calcium and magnesium? That definitely turned my poop white at first. All kinds of weird poop in the beginning. Try not to fret about color, consistency, smell for the first few months... EXCEPT for diarrhea (treat that) and don't let constipation get a foothold (make sure you're eating enough fat when you're further along and drinking plenty of water).

I've searched the site and googled but i can't seem to find the answer. Does anyone know anything about white or tan colored poop? I've finally started going and at first it was normal colored, and then it got lighter and lighter in color. Is this normal?

Thank u all, that helps alot.
@Pattycake813 thanks, I always worry bout TMI questions. But this is the only place to really find the right answer.
@Clematis Yes I'm taking magnesium and calcium, is it too much?
@Munchkin lmao, good to know. If I see a rainbow in the toilet I won't freak out. Any chance there's a pot of gold tho?
@southernlady Lol yes it's "fluffy" too. Hope it means the same thing.

LOL! I love everyone's comments and candor. Today i even had shart issues and i haven't even gotten the 2nd stage DS part yet...must have been something i ate.

Last edited:
LOL! I love everyone's comments and candor. Today i even had shart issues and i haven't even gotten the 2nd stage DS part yet...must have been something i ate.
Lol, this is a great place. Haha, love the word "shart". Something weird, I had more diarrhea/bowel issues then I have since feeding the DS. It's honestly got me nervous that the malabsorption won't work.

I have the same color issues. My biggest issue is CONSTIPATION!!! I can't seem to get that under control! Anyone suggest a good pill to help with that?

H
I have the same color issues. My biggest issue is CONSTIPATION!!! I can't seem to get that under control! Anyone suggest a good pill to help with that?
How far out are you? If still under 8 weeks, stool softeners and hydration! If over 8 weeks and on full regime of vitamins, start adding a bit more fat. About 10 extra grams every three or four days, til you hit your sweet spot of no constipation but not diarrhea either.

I've been having the same issue! Things aren't even hard, it's just hard to get out. When blood showed up in the stool I took some magnesium citrate. It did help at the time, but things went back. I think my intestines are just slow. It's funny, I was prepared for diarrhea, not constipation lol

I am 6 weeks out this Friday. I will try some stool softeners. Snowbutterfly, I was prepared for diarrhea too! I would have preferred that!! (LOL)

Latest posts

Back