The WI judge who got murdered…?

Spiky Bugger

My (late) BFF lived five miles down the road from his house. I’ve driven past it MANY times. Weird thinking about going past a normal home, pretty much surrounded by beautiful forest, that turned into a psycho’s ugly killing ground.

Last edited:
another mass killing? I hadn't heard of it but am starting to avoid the news gearing up for the next presidental election. :confused:

"small world", I guess, and hope that it only seems like there are more mass murders than there used to be. obviously there are more mass shootings.

I'm sorry your BFF is no longer with us.

another mass killing? I hadn't heard of it but am starting to avoid the news gearing up for the next presidental election. :confused:

"small world", I guess, and hope that it only seems like there are more mass murders than there used to be. obviously there are more mass shootings.

I'm sorry your BFF is no longer with us.
Not a Mass Killing, but he had a list. But he killed himself after killing the judge.

So sad. Targeted based on court cases - and - a physician shot, days after he performed surgery on his soon-to-be-killer. Our collective society needs anger management classes. :(

So sad. Targeted based on court cases - and - a physician shot, days after he performed surgery on his soon-to-be-killer. Our collective society needs anger management classes. :(

We might also need to change the term of office in the House to one 4-year term. That way they could focus on laws instead of campaigning. But…

Yes. The surgeon. Sad. Same thing happened in my former urologist’s office, maybe a decade ago. The murdered doctor there wasn’t MY uro, but a partner in their 3-man practice. https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...n-urologist-slaying-trial-20170727-story.html

At first, on the back surgeon’s murder, I wondered if the shooter was in horrific post-op pain and was MAYBE one of the many, many Americans NOT being given sufficient pain relief meds because of opioid addiction issues and the pressure on doctors to NOT prescribe those drugs. But then I was reminded that the shooter WAS able to get up, dress himself, get to his car, drive to the doctor’s office, etc. I’ve had severe pain, but it tends toward immobilizing.

So of course, THEN I wondered if he WAS on post-op drugs that made him crazy…or crazier than his baseline. Last I read, that guy shot himself but was still alive. We MIGHT learn of his logic.

The WI judge’s murdered had a hit list. But he killed himself, so we may never decipher his “logic.”

The man who shot his surgeon, from what I have read, was angry because he still had a lot of pain. Back surgery is one of those operations that sometimes relieves pain and sometimes doesn't. I guess this time, it didn't. Apparently he purchased his weapon the same day that he want back to the medical office and shot the surgeon, and another surgeon who had the misfortune to be there, AND the receptionist (what the hell did she do wrong) AND a patient, i.e. anyone who happened to get in his way. I believe he also killed himself. His family was just as shocked as the rest of us, and they have said he was never a violent person.
I don't know why this happened any more than anyone else. My theory is that many of us are in such a state of stress and frustration that it takes just one more thing to push us over the edge. And a lot of people seem to be very close to that edge these days. And weapons that can quickly kill and injure multiple people, so fast there is no way for the police to respond fast enough, are easily available to almost anyone.

The man who shot his surgeon, from what I have read, was angry because he still had a lot of pain. Back surgery is one of those operations that sometimes relieves pain and sometimes doesn't. I guess this time, it didn't. Apparently he purchased his weapon the same day that he want back to the medical office and shot the surgeon, and another surgeon who had the misfortune to be there, AND the receptionist (what the hell did she do wrong) AND a patient, i.e. anyone who happened to get in his way. I believe he also killed himself. His family was just as shocked as the rest of us, and they have said he was never a violent person.
When I had my first back surgery, my surgeon was honest. Told me I MIGHT expect a 70% reduction in pain. We were actually aiming for a reduction in weak in my legs. We succeeded with the weakness and he was right about the reduction in pain.

A friend and I discussed a business idea for Anger Mobiles. We'd equip them with breakable stuff obtained at second hand stores. Someone could call us like the 911 phone number. We'd respond and let them destroy stuff until they got all the anger out. Of course, we were planning this with our tongues in our cheeks.

But on a serious note, the last hospital I worked at had received a threat from a man whose wife died. He wanted to make people feel like he did. All the entrances were locked except the main one. The local PD had a car prominently out front. In the end, he was just blowing off steam. It was frightening for a few days until the threat went away. WTF is wrong with society?

What is sad that the adults are modeling this behavior and impressionable young people are watching. What are we teaching the next generation? Guns and violence do not solve problems they simply create newer more devastating ones.

Latest posts

Back