Taterweight Surgery Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't go crazy buying sugar free products yet, they REALLY backfired on me the first couple of weeks until I realized that they went straight thru me. I was always on the edge of dehydration until I figured it out. If you know me IRL you would think that was weird because I had a serious diet coke addiction- 2L+ a day with no bathroom issues until 2 days before my surgery.
In fact Dr. K told me to stay away from the sugar free stuff as I was leaving the hospital and somehow in my fog I STILL didn't put it together.

I am so excited for you!:leap:

Thanks everyone! I am excited! Paying for it all out of pocket is painful, but needs to be done!

Heather, I promise my SF binging is for down the road. For the immediate future it's Unjury chicken flavoured protein, better than bullion in beef!, and some Unjury unflavoured to mix in my cottage cheese/yogurt, or crystal light.

I will admit I'm also a diet coke/Pepsi addict. I was on the wagon all last year and fell off once I made the surgery decision so I could get my cravings out of my system. Back to cold turkey! I think I might try the cola flavoured stevia drops (sweet leaf) Mistercy recommended and hope I won't miss the bubbles as much. :cheeky-smiley-022:

Prepared and yet, right, don't buy too much of anything, you might be surprised by just how fickle your tastebuds can be for awhile. Things I loved, I was like 'eeeew' things I would never think of would become my BFFs. I missed diet soda too, and carbonation, but managed to muddle through it, diet peach snapple did the trick for me, oddly enough, I just watered it down a little because it tasted so oddly sweet ;) Counting down with you!

Resa,
Sorry to keep bringing the SF stuff, I truly do not want you to feel my pain on that one! (now I'm done-promise!)
Weirdly enough I don't miss diet coke at all. Or coffee, which is so bizarre because I think I drank even more coffee than diet coke. The other strange thing that I quit cold turkey is my nail biting habit. I was very young when I started so I have never had nice fingernails. I am having fun painting them and watching in awe as they grow. Strange ride and its just beginning!

Resa,
Sorry to keep bringing the SF stuff, I truly do not want you to feel my pain on that one! (now I'm done-promise!)
Weirdly enough I don't miss diet coke at all. Or coffee, which is so bizarre because I think I drank even more coffee than diet coke. The other strange thing that I quit cold turkey is my nail biting habit. I was very young when I started so I have never had nice fingernails. I am having fun painting them and watching in awe as they grow. Strange ride and its just beginning!

@Mariposa(Heather) Lol! No worries, girl! You've helped me tremendously get my stuff together. My husband is hoping we'll still cross paths at Dr. K's office to thank you for the comfort stick suggestion. He was all, "oh thank God for inventions like that!" I think he was afraid, as caregiver, he was gonna get more than he bargained for. :ROFLMAO:

@girlrocker - I can go with any flow for tastes and all EXCEPT liver and fish....they will NEVER be my bff's no matter what! :wink:

@4KidsAndaDog - I appreciate the support! I'll be sure to post my journey for you of what works and doesn't as I go so it helps you too, like Heather, and the others have done for me! I found the day to day diary stuff, the product reviews to be most comforting and help me feel more in control of the uncontrollable! Don't hesitate to pm me if there's anything I can help you with to prepare!

Ok so are you trying to say, I should NOT bring you chopped liver and gefilte fish from Canters when you're here? ;)

Heather/Mariposa, LOOK at you, brand new post-op and already paving the way for another bariatric sister. I am SO glad I got to hug you in person, you ROCK!

Taterweight....so excited for you! Good luck tomorrow! Sounds like you are really gonna be in good hands dear! Wishing you all the best! Here's lots of (((HUGS)))! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back