Back again!

FrenchRed

Hi, I came on here back in 2017 as I was just starting the process of looking at bariatric surgery at the University of Minnesota or Mayo Clinic. For a number of reasons, I didn't follow through with either practice and then ended up moving to France in 2018. I gave up on pursuing weight loss surgery at that point and settled in to a new life in France. I did manage to take some weight off - due to a different lifestyle from what I had in the US. This year I decided it was time to finally go for it as I am 65 and technically wouldn't be eligible for coverage for my surgery under the national health coverage after age 65. I started the process back at the end of February, 2022 and am now scheduled for surgery on November 29th. It's been interesting process this year going through the various exams and tests. I'll be glad to go into the aspects of the french system and how it is the same or differs from the american. I was originally scheduled for a sleeve gastrectomy, but decided to request a SADI-S, so I'm not faced with a second surgery in a year or two. I am aware of the differences between a traditional DS and the one anastomosis version and am actually happy to be choosing the SADI and feel it's appropriate for what I want to accomplish. In any case, I'll be glad to share what I can. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back