Sunday Weigh In (1/17/2016)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Same as last week...149.

You would think with all the hammering, lugging debris, and going up and down steps, I would have lost a lb or so but nope.

LW 252.8
TW 251.0

Slow and steady. Had labs done this past Thursday - 10 vials of blood! I'll see the surgeon and NUT on the 20th for 3 month follow-up. Will be interesting to know what the labs tell us.

Feeling pretty good. My hair is falling out by the handful, my boobs are smaller than they were in 4th grade, and my batwings are now bigger than my arms, but its all part of the process ;-)

Have a good week everyone!

LW: 178
TW: 177

I felt pretty good later in the week after battling a cold early on, and then yesterday I felt rotten crapping all day and weak. Solid stools but oil slicked all day. I had BWW the night before and I think the skin from the wings is probably the culprit, but I am feeling better this morning.

Hope all of you have a good week.

LW 252.8
TW 251.0

Slow and steady. Had labs done this past Thursday - 10 vials of blood! I'll see the surgeon and NUT on the 20th for 3 month follow-up. Will be interesting to know what the labs tell us.

Feeling pretty good. My hair is falling out by the handful, my boobs are smaller than they were in 4th grade, and my batwings are now bigger than my arms, but its all part of the process ;-)

If they system who drew your labs or your Dr has an online portal that displays labs make sure you sign up so you can see you labs before your visit. You will be amazed that something can be low and often out ofvrange and they will tell you that your labs look good. Even if they don't have an online portal where you can access test results , call and ask them to mail or email a PDF file of your lab results to you.

If they system who drew your labs or your Dr has an online portal that displays labs make sure you sign up so you can see you labs before your visit. You will be amazed that something can be low and often out ofvrange and they will tell you that your labs look good. Even if they don't have an online portal where you can access test results , call and ask them to mail or email a PDF file of your lab results to you.
Thanks Scott. Good plan. Not sure about the surgeon's office but my PCP has a portal and I had a copy of the labs sent to him so I'll ask him to post them there. I'll post them here as well as I would appreciate input from all of you since this will be my first time attempting to interpret them. Stay tuned...

LW 252.8
TW 251.0

Doing good.
Make sure you get a hard copy of your labs before leaving the office or get them on the portal as Scott mentioned.

LW: 178
TW: 177

I felt pretty good later in the week after battling a cold early on, and then yesterday I felt rotten crapping all day and weak. Solid stools but oil slicked all day. I had BWW the night before and I think the skin from the wings is probably the culprit, but I am feeling better this morning.

Hope all of you have a good week.
Sorry you had a cold...and chicken skin may have been just a touch too much right now. I love wings.
Last week 150.4
This week 149
Loss of 1.4 pounds

Today is my 2 year surgiversary. I have lost 138 pounds and many obesity related health issues. It's a good deal!
Happy surgiversary!!!! And great on the weight. You are doing awesome.

LW: 130
TH: 132
:frown:

I am worried I have to admit it. I know I am not making the best choices. I need to go back to "basics" its just not that easy. I do not eat enough of the right things.

Ok get it gear Whit. More water, more protein, more fat (not much more), less, a lot less, carbs. Consistent Vitamins... No more margaritas. I can do it. I know I can.

Have a great week all.

Whit

Thanks Scott. Good plan. Not sure about the surgeon's office but my PCP has a portal and I had a copy of the labs sent to him so I'll ask him to post them there. I'll post them here as well as I would appreciate input from all of you since this will be my first time attempting to interpret them. Stay tuned...
You're welcome Julia. My PCP is a Unity Point Dr and he orders my labs, but due to my insurance being a PPO and Unity Point not being preferred, I get the labs done at the competitor system OSF ST Francis who is preferred otherwise I have to fight with billing (I don't pay anything for pans but if I do at unity they try to charge me) .... So I have portals with both systems because if I am in the hospital at Unity Point (not preferred but they price match to I can go there if admitted through their ER) my test results show up on the Unity Point portal. My labs that are drawn and tested at OSF show up on the OSF portal. They fax hard copies to my Dr and it shows that the test was done but no actual values show up in the portal..... But they do show up in the OSF portal. Lol... Confused now?

The point I am trying to make is that the results should show up on the portal where they're ordered so I would suggest that going forward it would be good for your PCP to manage your labs if he is going to be the one managing your case. The thing I like about having my results stored digitally on the portal is that I can click on which date or date ranges I want to see, so I can see trends.

I hope all that wasn't too confusing. Point is try to stick with the same person doing your labs so you have a history that is apples to apples (different labs can have different ranges for the same element) and it is easily searchable.

I am worried I have to admit it. I know I am not making the best choices. I need to go back to "basics" its just not that easy. I do not eat enough of the right things.

Ok get it gear Whit. More water, more protein, more fat (not much more), less, a lot less, carbs. Consistent Vitamins... No more margaritas. I can do it. I know I can.

Have a great week all.

Whit
Hi Whit

I know you are worrying a little, but isn't 125 kind of your sweet spot or is it lower? If 125 is the target I don't think a 7 pound variance is too bad... Of course I know you don't want it turning in to a bigger number and you know how to control.... So I know you are going to keep things where you want them, even if an occasional blip upwards happens. You will turn the blip downward.

Have a great week all.

Whit

Yes, you can do it...

LW 125
TW 125

Been having quite a few tiny tummy days and not much appetite. Just trying to keep my protein, fat and water up to the levels I need. 'Eating to live' rather than my usual 'living to eat.' I stress out too much about my daughter's and grandchildren's predicament I am guessing. Now that she will be getting her first paycheck, I am hoping to relax more. At least I am not eating myself into a stupor like I used to!

Congrats on your 2nd Surgiversary, NA!

You WILL do this, Whit!

Have a good week all!

LW 125
TW 125

Been having quite a few tiny tummy days and not much appetite. Just trying to keep my protein, fat and water up to the levels I need. 'Eating to live' rather than my usual 'living to eat.' I stress out too much about my daughter's and grandchildren's predicament I am guessing. Now that she will be getting her first paycheck, I am hoping to relax more. At least I am not eating myself into a stupor like I used to!

You WILL do this, Whit!

Have a good week all!

Thanks, baga!

LW 125
TW 125

You WILL do this, Whit!

Have a good week all!
Glad you stayed put. I hope the stress eases so you can get back to normal.

LW 125
TW 125

You WILL do this, Whit!

Have a good week all!
I hope your stress eases as well, Pam

Latest posts

Back