So I was poking around PB.....

shann

Now an Angel in heaven
Just curious about what they're up to and this pop-up appeared:

"Hey good looking! Yes you.
We notice you've visited over 24 unique discussions on this board. Isn't it time you stopped flirting with us and thought about registering?

We could make beautiful music together,

weightlosssurgery.proboards"

Desperate much?

We notice you've visited over 24 unique discussions on this board. Isn't it time you stopped flirting with us and thought about registering?

Desperate much?
Sounds more creepy than I like.

Desperate much?
I got one of those the other day, but a member lurker type one. It said something to the effect of "you've read over such and such # threads but haven't made a post since such and such date, we miss your input" or some shit. Another thing that made me feel icky. There are still a handful of people I really like over there and I tried to get them over unsuccessfully. Boo

I think it is amusing that they would not realize that notifying people that their visits (and IP addresses) are being tracked would make people feel creeped out and that their privacy was invaded, rather than being warm and fuzzy or welcomed.

Oh, I definitely was creeped out the instant I saw it. Then after a few minutes, I didn't take it personally & just figured it was some feature that could be used if the administrator wanted to incorporate it. And like OH, one cannot ignore/block moderators. Just gives me more time to spend here.:BaconDance:

WTH that's not encouraging to be there at all to me. Who would write something like that for a WLS board? Read like a dating site.

So I read PB as a guest - and apparently the site is automatically tracking me by my IP address as well - and POSSIBLY still tracking me in conjunction with my now closed account - I got this message today:
We notice that you've visited 48 threads, but you haven't posted since when your account was activated. We miss your wit, your charm, your perspective. Please grace us with your presence.

Longingly,

weightlosssurgery.proboards

I have no account that I know of. I'm reading the site as a guest. Yet they are still tracking my visits, and think I have an account?? I certainly never made a new account, so it must be associated with the one which was banned.

In the last 24 hours there:
16 posts by 10 people.

In the last 24 hours HERE:
68 posts (NOT counting likes) by - too hard to count how many people - way more than 10.

Yup, I think Kelly misses you, too, @Diana . She misses your wit and charm. Can you smell my bullshit from all the way across the US of A?

@DianaCox Snooze Her AND Chum It Up And Tell her what she wants to hear the get your account back and in the middle of the night delete all your posts.

:icon_peek:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I'm going to answer anyway: I think any relationship with Kelly is no longer possible, from either side. I have seen, over the years, that she NEVER admits being wrong, certainly never apologizes, and once someone is on her shit-list, they are gone forever (unless of course, she wants something from them, in which case she is shameless in sucking up until her needs are met). And I am a terrible liar, so I don't try to fake it.

I used to go over as a guest and read once in a while UNTIL I got the creepy note. No thanks!

Latest posts

Back