Recent Posts View

DianaCox

Bad Cop
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have found it very annoying to follow recent threads using the available ribbon view called "New Posts" - I mean it works OK when you want to see posts you've never seen before, but once you've clicked on the thread and read it, when you hit "new posts" again, it's gone - and you have to remember which forum it's in to find it again, or search for it.

So I asked if we could have a "Recent Posts" view that would list the posts in the order they were made, not threaded, not only posts you hadn't read - and DUH, there IS one, but I could never find it!

If you hit the New Posts view, and then go all the way to the right and just under the line under the Title line of the forum, you will find the link to "Recent Posts" - I am so happy to be able to use this view, which works with my brain better.

ETA: You cannot refresh the page to get newer recent posts - you have to hit the "recent posts" LINK again. Weird.

Okay, When you click on Recent Posts, look for the link highlighted in RED:
RecentPostLink.jpg

Notice I have three posts unread at this point. Once you click that link, this screen is what you will get:

ListOfRecentPosts.jpg

Notice the ones I had still unread in the first screenshot are bolded...the rest, that I have read are not.

Latest posts

Back