Questions for those who have worked with the RMAP surgeons....

Channy1231

I'm looking for information on the Rocky mountain physicians. I have agreed to do the DS (it was strongly recommended for prolonged success) but I am with Mckinlay. After some reading I've found out he doesn't actually do the DS...or at least not that I've seen. I heard he may end up doing the assistance and Simper will be the head surgeon. If that is the case what are your opinions on Simper? I mean just technique not personality since I do know i'll be dealing with Mckinlay on the appointment front

@newanatomy can tell you more about the SLC options. I met with Oakley in Boise and was not impressed. He wanted to do the DS in 2 parts-2 years apart, no thanks. I ended up going to Dr. Keshishian in California for half of what Oakley was asking (I was self-pay). Dr. Keshishian was a fantastic surgeon with great bedside manner.

Welcome to the forum!

Dr. Simper is a great cutter. I have not met McKinlay but, I think he has been doing the DS for a while now. He has a good reputation and has been on the vetted surgeon list for quite a while. Check: DSFacts.com

Just nod and agree in the classes that are required. I would not buy the vitamins they are selling though.

You can look through my old posts for more info on the stuff that irritated me, pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. If I had to have the DS over again, I would probably still go to Simper even though his bedside manner sucks, that isn't why I chose him in the first place. I chose him for his skill and experience.

Good luck on your journey! If I can answer anything else, just ask.

Latest posts

Back