Past labs, figuring out how I stand pre-op

If you are pre-op, you can also absorb the cheaper vitamin d that is in oil. If you have any of that around, use it up and save the dry stuff as it's more expensive. There is high dose vitamin D (50k) available in prescription but it's in oil, meaning it could be covered by insurance because it RX (every little bit helps) and would work for you till surgery.

I don't really pay attention to my calcium level, but instead watch PTH, and don't let that get too high, since that can mean I'm taking calcium out of my bones to keep my calcium level stable.
I have always taken the dry D3, not sure why. My insurance has such a high deductible of $6,500 that i never meet, that I would have to pay for the trip to the doctor to ask for a RX that it would be counterproductive. Gotta get my PTH checked! Thanks

If you are pre-op, you can also absorb the cheaper vitamin d that is in oil. If you have any of that around, use it up and save the dry stuff as it's more expensive. There is high dose vitamin D (50k) available in prescription but it's in oil, meaning it could be covered by insurance because it RX (every little bit helps) and would work for you till surgery.

I don't really pay attention to my calcium level, but instead watch PTH, and don't let that get too high, since that can mean I'm taking calcium out of my bones to keep my calcium level stable.
The Gel D was just as expensive prescription for me, if not more than the OTC dry D3. You can get 100 capsules of 50K IU dry D3 for $14.99 on Amazon.

Latest posts

Back