Newbie DS'er, Asking Vets to Critique this Supplement Plan....

BrianChesteen

Glad to be a Loser!
Ok supplement experts here is my first pass at a modified Vitalady regimen tweaked for me as a newbie DS'er. Obviously I would work up to this over time. A couple things you should know, the table on the left is what my surgeon suggest as he sells his own "all in one multi". He suggest 9x/day for the DS. I just put it on here for reference as I will most likely have to justify myself to the NUTS and NP on why I am not following their advice. On the right is the modified Vitalady DS regimen. I have 2 stents in my heart and take Plavix/Aspirin and I am not sure I should be taking extra K. I also reduced the amount of A and can add that back in latter if needed based on labs, I also removed some of the extra B vits since their seems to be plenty in the B complex 50. I was a little low on D and Iron pre-op. Please advise if you would make any tweaks.

Thank you!

mr1bc.png

Brian. You do not have to justify SQUAT to those people. Quit worrying about them. If they insist on being assholes about this stuff, fire their asses and go find new care team members who are educable and open minded. Your surgeon and his office are making MONEY off the shit they sell. In my not very humble opinion, this makes every last word of "advice" they offer extremely suspect.

I have a "thing" about medical providers having "stores." Yes, I know sometimes it's to be helpful. Dr. Greenbaum is an example of a surgeon who does this. He's not touting any "special labeled" products, though, and he doesn't hassle anyone who doesn't buy "his" stuff. Your surgeon's practice is loaded to the gills with marketing hype for inferior shit and he INSISTS that you buy his shit.

Three guesses what I'd say to his face about that.

If I were back at the beginning, knowing what I do about my OWN progress, here's what I would do:

1. Build up to two Kirkland multis twice a day. That's a LOT of B vites right there.
2. Once I tolerated those easily, I'd add a 50K IU D once a day.
3. Then I'd add at 10K or 25K IU A once a day.
4. Then I'd start adding calcium citrate. I'd probably use either a liquid or Citrical Petites, one pill at a time, until I got up to at LEAST 1,800 mg daily.

Then I'd wait for first labs and consider.

SLOWWWWWW DOWWWWWNNNNNN and quit being so OCD about this.

Thanks EN for the advice. I totally agree about the cutter and his products.

Sounds like a good starter plan.

OCD is built into engineers! They issue it at the beginning of class :) No worries, I just like to know where I am going in this journey. Once the end goal is understood, I can then slowly work toward getting there.

Again, thanks for the help!

Brian, I totally agree with EN...I just ignored the office staff about what brand to take etc and went my merry way.

MY reason for staying with his office for lab work for so long was my PCP there in Knoxville was part of the UT system (his office was AT UT) and he was not able to order all my labs without a doctor's order from my surgeon.

THAT has changed now...I have an AWESOME PCP here and he is more than willing to order what I need. AND do it twice a year. I am no longer dealing with Boyce's office.

Boyce is an excellent cutter but he does have a conflicted interest in Bari-Life as his wife is the CEO of that side of the house...of course he wants all his patients to use it! You can see her profile here...notice she is listed as the CEO and is married to Dr. Boyce, DEFINITE conflict of interest here!

Yeah, she was corresponding with me over FB for a while until I started asking her the hard questions. Now she just ignores my questions.

I will just do the smile and nod thing till my followup is done and I am cleared from the surgical standpoint. I have a cool PCP that is also a family friend. He should be OK with helping me long term. The sooner they say I am clear the better. Most likely I will have to smile and nod for at least a year.

Brian - I took my surgeon's special combined multi-vitamin (Vita-4-Life) because back then we didn't know any better. After about a year I was so deficient in so many areas I ended up added so many extras I just made my own list. Then I found Vitalady and have been following her regime for at least 7 years (if not longer).

I agree with EN - slow down.

The surgeon cannot discharge you for refusing to buy his products. When they push shit on you, just say nope, I have my own plan, it's cheaper and better TYVM. You can even bring in all the stuff and show it to them to demonstrate your superior compliance with nutritional needs. If they threaten to discharge you, smile and let them know that you have peeps who will cheerfully assist you in filing your complaints with all appropriate entities.

Latest posts

Back