my colonoscopy and upper GI

JackieOnLine

Staff member
is scheduled for Thursday morning, prep starts by clear liquids only on Wednesday (I didn't buy anything at all and plan to just have water, might this be a mistake?) and the prep is called Clenpiq that starts 5:00 Wed.

I just re-read the directions and realized it said NO SEEDS for a week prior. well, both Friday and Saturday I ate a protein bar called OWYN that has both pumpkin seeds and chia seeds listed in ingredients.

is this a big enough deal I call them? put it off? this would be very inconvenient and I'd like to believe the prep will just flush em all out. :rolleyes:

see, look how anxious I am about this dumb thing: I need to get it over with.

LorettaLynn feel free to freak out in this thread if you want to. ;)

I'm no doctor, but Saturday to Thursday is almost a week. Maybe call the office and ask their view? I'd recommend grabbing some chicken broth and apple juice for Wednesday.

I'll grab some juice since I have to go to the store anyway. but broth sure doesn't seem like a clear liquid to me. ??

I will call the office about the seeds I guess.... geez, I'm nervous. I let it wreck my Sunday. in fact, my whole weekend. :frown:

yes but WHY isn't it the issue? they want me to only have clear liquids and it isn't clear but they list it as OK.

at this point it seems impossible I'd actually want some and the same with juice but I haven't tried fasting all day for awhile so maybe it's smart to get some just in case I don't know.

will be so glad when it's over!!

I'll grab some juice since I have to go to the store anyway. but broth sure doesn't seem like a clear liquid to me. ??

I will call the office about the seeds I guess.... geez, I'm nervous. I let it wreck my Sunday. in fact, my whole weekend. :frown:
Oh, my! You are anxious, aren't you? You sound like me! I agree with Liz in that broth isn't so much the issue , but what's in it such as noodles or veggies. With my family history of colon cancer as well as a personal history of both IBS and gastritis, I've had more scopes than I can remember. And I get anxious before every single one of them. (Just be glad it isn't a barium enema x-ray. Trust me, a scope is better because at least you'll be sedated.)

JackieOnLine I used Clenpiq last May bc it involved the least amount of drinking. My dr. suggested it and/or 1 other due to my DS. Call about the seeds but you’ll probably be ok.

I drank Gatorade. The G2 blue lower sugar. Also the orange and yellow but I liked blue best.

I found I needed Dulcolax as well I didn’t feel empty enough as the early morning was approaching. I might buy some just in case.

I did get apple juice but I don't know about other stuff. I was thinking I would do best with just water. I also got beef bone broth, so I have options.

the anxiety is so inconvenient. makes it hard to focus at work. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, freaking out right alongside you. Saturday I stopped taking my Protonix, IBGard, iron, and probiotics in advance of Thursday’s appointment and yesterday my guts were so noisy and off their usual schedule That I had to leave work early. I also think my nerves are at play in making my guts extra upset of course! I had a short presurgical telephone interview with the outpatient surgery center and we rehashed all the dietary needs and the prep... maybe these are the same people you can ask about the protein bar you ate if you also have to do a telephone interview?

Cconsidering my stomach is already pretty upset I’m hoping my toilet/plumbing is up for the job W-TH as I only have one bathroom in my place.

I'm sorry you've had such GI upset, LorettaLynn :confused:
I only have one bathroom but I live alone so it should be enough. I'm just going to assume I will get zero sleep Wednesday night.

Saturday I stopped taking my Protonix, IBGard, iron, and probiotics

wait, nobody told me to stop taking any pills or supplements, it wasn't even mentioned.

should this worry me?!

I had a short presurgical telephone interview with the outpatient surgery center and we rehashed all the dietary needs and the prep... maybe these are the same people you can ask about the protein bar you ate if you also have to do a telephone interview?

I did call and ask about the protein bar with seeds and was told "don't have any more but don't worry about it".

no phone interview.

honestly, I don't think the office is that organized considering how our communication has gone. I lack confidence in the whole outfit, somehow. well, maybe not the surgeon herself which is the most important thing, I guess.

I was too anxious at work yesterday and this morning I couldn't sleep past about 1:30 so today is going to suck, too, then tomorrow is fasting/clear liquids. it'll be a relief to just get ON with it!

then when it's done I can face up to the face that this job isn't working out in a major way and - instead of freaking out "I have to relocate AGAIN!!!" I can work on less drastic options in some rational way. right? sure! :)

Iron was specifically listed in my handouts to stop, everything else med-wise was more my own doing as I want them to see my gut problems as they are in reality, unaided by meds I guess.

yep, fasting today as I assume you are. all I have besides water is apple juice and broth, I didn't get any gatoraide or similar. I might be sorry, I don't know. my ClenPiq is cranberry flavored, hmmm.
it came with a sheet saying "read all this TWO days before and then again right before taking it" but too late for the first one!
I bought 2 packs of wet wipes and I have library books, assuming I won't get any or much sleep - especially since I have to drink the second dose at 3 AM and then tons of water before 4 AM which is the cut off.

do I have to shave my legs, do you think? they really need it! :rolleyes:

I'd hate for my hairy legs to distract the surgeon at some tricky point.....

Latest posts

Back