my colonoscopy and upper GI

I'm sure we'll both be fine.

let me know what you remember from today, OK? I have people tell me they remember nothing for hours afterwards and people tell me they remember everything since when they woke up. don't know if it's different drugs or what.

I feel woozy. Home now and ate a banana. In recovery I had a couple crackers , they were very busy and chasing people out. The dr believes my problem is pancreatic exocrine deficiency because of all the oil in my colon. I still had matter in my colon. She wants me to do some stool testing with Labcorp while we await all the biopsy results. I also have an esophageal hiatal hernia which we did not talk about but is listed in the paperwork they gave me. Gonna lay down now!

I'm sure we'll both be fine.

let me know what you remember from today, OK?

the last thing I remember was having a weird rubber deal strapped around my head and between my teeth for the EGD, then being told to go to sleep. When I awoke in recovery I had someone telling me to get dressed. My ride was 20minutes late, so that was dramatic. I’m hoping your friend was timelier.

I feel woozy. Home now and ate a banana. In recovery I had a couple crackers , they were very busy and chasing people out. The dr believes my problem is pancreatic exocrine deficiency because of all the oil in my colon. I still had matter in my colon. She wants me to do some stool testing with Labcorp while we await all the biopsy results. I also have an esophageal hiatal hernia which we did not talk about but is listed in the paperwork they gave me. Gonna lay down now!
Does your doc understand that the DS causes oil in the stool far beyond a normal human?
Glad you made it through. I need one in 2020. I’m on the 10 year plan. This will be my first post DS.

Yep she understands. im thinking now that I’m glad I wasn’t 100% cleaned out so that she could easily see the oil... For the first time since January with my H. Pylori fiasco I am finally feeling hopeful.

I'm not religious but there was an elderly Asian lady in the waiting room distributing Jesus Loves You business cards to everyone. A nice touch!

Dr said my surgery changes all look great, so kudos to Mexicali.

Does your doc understand that the DS causes oil in the stool far beyond a normal human?
Glad you made it through. I need one in 2020. I’m on the 10 year plan. This will be my first post DS.

Jackie, I hope you’re feeling good. We should be proud of ourselves for doing this necessary evil task.

I am anxiously awaiting my next bowel movement, as I haven’t had one since early Thurs morning, ugh. My guts are still making lots of noise and when I think there might be movement, there’s only gas. Hoping today is the day for things to get back to....normal or better than normal!

I was told by the surgeon who fixed my ventral hernia that I also a hiatal hernia which is very, very common among the general population. The hiatal hernia position near the heart makes it very risky to fix surgically and it is generally left alone because of the risk factor and that most people do not experience symptoms.

Jackie, I hope you’re feeling good. We should be proud of ourselves for doing this necessary evil task.

I am anxiously awaiting my next bowel movement, as I haven’t had one since early Thurs morning, ugh. My guts are still making lots of noise and when I think there might be movement, there’s only gas. Hoping today is the day for things to get back to....normal or better than normal!

I'm sorry you aren't back to normal yet. I'm not either but I've been over-eating (stress related) and so I might be if I would cut that out. really worried about the bill for this, might be as high as $2500 if I understood the insurance website correctly. all because of a biopsy, which I now wish I had asked them NOT to do. I know I had only one "tiny" polyp.

kind of questioning if it was necessary but I guess it could have been - the fact that they didn't find something like cancer doesn't mean I could have known that before hand.

I'm really not back to normal yet, not in my GI tract and I've really stressed out over it.

time heals all, right?

It took me a few days. There just wasn't enough in me to "go".

Latest posts

Back