My 600 pound life Dr. Speaker for OH Conference

Charris

Now an angel
Any thoughts on this. I don't know why I'm addicted to this show. I am like the person who is yelling at Oprah saying " your a liar I'm still fat". Everytime he says gastric bypass is the best surgery for a patient this size. I want to start screaming "you'll be fat again in 5 to 7 years don't do it! Call Dr. K." MAYBE I NEED medication! Lol

I'd like to see someone ask him exactly why he thinks the RNY Is best on people of that size. You think he is concerned they will not follow DS must do things?

Last edited:
Dr. Now is a disaster. "Come back in a month after you've lost 40 pound." (not poundS) Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

At first I thought he was doing RNY because it was cheaper and the show's producers wouldn't pay for the DS, but looking at his website, he doesn't perform the DS at all on even the paying patients. Someone should write the producers of the show and tell them this is the wrong surgery.

Dr. Now also does plastics on these people... and he ain't a plastic surgeon. Makes me sick when he body lifts young men who were SMO their whole lives and so have never had sex and Dr. Now sticks their nipples under their chins, 9" apart making the kids look freaky. No excuse for that. Someone get the scalpel outta his hand.

@Clematis I think the plastic surgery that he actually does is medically necessary. It's usually dealing with lymphadema masses. I've never seen an episode where he does plastic surgery on someone completely done loosing weight.

Also it seems like he tells them to loose weight just to see if they will truly try to change their behavior post-op. I'm not defending him but I have seen people on there who gained weight when they were given a certain amount to loose. When they actually got the surgery they had the same non compliant behavior they displayed when they were told to loose a certain amount before getting approved.

I just feel horrible for those people because we know they won't get where they need to and if they do they are going to gain it back. I used to feel worse for those who just got sleeves. Basically like we have said many times you have only until that sleeve stretches then some sort of diet for the rest of their life. We all know how successful obese people are with diets. But the sleevers at least have the ability to get the switch part later. I do believe he really cares about his patients. I just feel he's old and stuck in his ways. You know a large number of elderly people are very resistant to change. I been doing it this way for 70 years, it was good enough back then it's still good enough type attitude. Not taking into consideration that technology has advanced since then.

Last edited:
Oh for crying-out-loud. He's a nice guy who cares about his patients... but he's performing the wrong bariatric surgery and committing plastics butchery because he's an old guy stuck in his ways? That does not excuse malpractice. Take the scalpel out of his hand and replace it with a gold watch at his retirement party.

This program preys on the vulnerable. I've posted on this topic before. People desperate for WLS sign up and then have to be shown NAKED in the shower and having their bottoms wiped by their children and spouses. WTF?? That's psychological torture. I stopped watching the show as I felt by doing so I was a part of the abuse. (Notice that they have yet to show anyone reach a normal-ish -- even just MO vs SMO -- weight?)

The show airing right after 600# Life (forgot the name of the show) was a post-massive weight loss body lift surgery program. In that, 2 people (so far not anyone who was on 600# life) get lifted: one goes to a male and female PS in San Antonio (I think) and the other stays in Houston with Dr. Now. Yes, he does plastic surgery, at least on massive weight loss patients. That's where I saw his wretched handiwork. If there is an issue with leg veins, the P surgeons in San Antonio send their patient back to Dr. Now who apparently has some expertise in vascular surgery. If the patient of the San Antonio surgeons needs their plastic surgery revised, they go to Dr. Now as it doesn;t seem that the producers pay them to do a second surgery.

Latest posts

Back