Moving on up!

OOOO this is so exciting! I am so happy for you and David. You never have to apologize for being busy particularly when the its a positive.Besides you always seem to chime in at the exact right time with our quick wit and Dial right in with the perfect response. I expect photos. I still remember all of the food posts from your Vacation a while back.

I will get there one day hopefully before I get to old to romp around the highlands.

Best,
Whit

Kirby, it's time to seize the moment! What fun! And you so deserve the best of everything!

Kirby, it's time to seize the moment! What fun! And you so deserve the best of everything!
Thank you. Psssst Kirmy although my autocorrect calls me kirbymoonshine. That's not even a word autocorrect!

How exciting!!! I LOVE house hunting! I like the vision of the Victorian in the 'city' with a remote beach cottage for vacations. All in time... You work hard Kirmy and deserve the BEST! Please do send pics!

I have faith that you will find the perfect place for your whole family. Myrtle, Linus, and Penfold pix on the front porch of a painted lady? Yes, please! Happy for you for all the positives.

I missed this thread. Oops. But I was busy moving to MY new house. Still unpacking. This one is a mess and that makes us happy. Right now, we need ten grand worth of roof. And the pool plaster is dissolving before our very eyes. And I have to pay some bloke with a chipper two thousand bucks to get rid of ugly, inappropriate plants, trees and such. (A shrub is inappropriate when it is next to a swimming pool and known for its horribly invasive roots...or when in its mature state, it grows to a position that disallows the use of the ladder thingy to exit the pool.) and tomorrow morning, some dude will be here to remove wrought iron from windows, doors and fences. I hate most...not all and I may actually buy a different style...but I hate most wrought iron. And dud I mention that my house is pink and that cannot be tolerated for long.

Anyway, Sweetie, reading about this stage of your life is SOOOO much more fun than reading about your fretting over your poverty! That poverty shit makes me sad. I'm delighted that you are now having regular middle class problems!

Best of luck house hunting, @kirmy and best of luck settling in and tackling the shrubbery, @Spiky Bugger ! I'm excited for you both!

I'm in the throes of home ownership myself at this very minute with the plumber rodding my pipes. And I wish that were as fun as it sounds now that I've written the sentence, but alas no double entendre moment here. Just a large bill and hope that my toilet will flush properly before my morning constitutional. Definitely check that plumbing for roots growing into pipes before you buy!

Well ladies shit got real. On Sunday we went to a Steading next to Dundee. It is about 8mins drive to the outside suburbs of Dundee...soooo PRECIOUS THINGS! Anyway we loved it. The garden is surrounded by an ancient dry stone wall covered in lichen and moss. The Steading is large with massive oak roof beams in each rooms but it is otherwise a relatively moderne conversion from 19 years ago. It is NOT in our decorative style at all....the kitchen and dining room are frog green FFS. The carpet is a white shag pile...riiiiight. It needs a magic wand waved at it violently.

Anyhow after viewing another 10 properties and literally thousands online I we decided that this was the one for us. It had a massive, fully enclosed garden, views from every window over the valleys and over Dundee towards the sea, it was in good repair and it felt homely. I phoned and placed my shaky offer yesterday afternoon £10k below the asking price and they phoned back twenty minuets later to accept. I screamed Edinburgh Wavery Street station down.

The morning of that viewing we were early by over two hours so we went into a little village near by to try and find a cafe on a Sunday morning. Nothing at all was open so we drove around until em found a park for the pup stars to pee in. As I pulled in there was a grey looking woman being held upright by three people. I trotted over and asked if I could help and bam....down she went. She stopped breathing and lost her pulse. In between passing on and me dropping her onto the road to start CPR I snapped her out of what I assume is Vf. I did one chest compression and she roused. She had another wobble just as the ambulance pulled up but then seemed fine. I suspect a long qt syndrome or a new total heart block. Very scary. Anyway that was before my viewing and I really don't know if I took it all in.

So in typical Kirmy fashion everything is a landslide. A happy and scary land slide but a land slide. Fuck.

Brava for saving a life on your way to changing yours!

I did a quick search and found your new house online on the first try. Hehehe. The kitchen isn't "that" green - but yeah, it's definitively froggy. The dogs will turn the white shag into another color in no time at all.

What is a steading? A partitioned farm outbuilding converted to living quarters? Does it have shared walls with neighbors under the same roof? My guest room looks lovely. The sun room is fantastic and the views are breathtaking.

Yup a Steading is a stone barn that is converted into accomodation. The wall and the roof is shared. It's pretty standard in the Uk with most homes semi detached. Check you out google maestro! It is pretty that is for sure.

Already did it - the address comes up on a spot that isn't the building - you're in the southwest corner of the building near the bottom, right? How many other homes in the steading? Looks like four total?

Latest posts

Back