More fat?

Millie

Hello,

I'm getting back to basics at over 4 years post DS and trying to shed some regain. I've gotten my carbs under control, but the scale will not budge. I think I'm not getting in enough fat. So looking for suggestions on how to add more fat to my daily intake without adding more carbs. I eat bacon every morning and use full fat salad dressing, but I don't eat much salad. I'm using butter and full fat mayo. So aside from switching to HWC from half and half in my coffee, I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Do you have an ice cream machine? There are a jillion kinds of ice cream you can make with HWC and splenda. And it's really worth eating too!

Here's a basic recipe for vanilla. Use high quality vanilla. Fill your ice cream maker with water and measure to figure out how much it holds so you can plan the ingredients.

Put HWC, 4 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt in a steel pan. Blend with a whisk. Cook until it starts to thicken(don't boil) while stirring then add Splenda to taste. At this point, you have a custard. Add some vanilla. Refrigerate till completely cold. Then dump it in the ice cream maker.

If you want chocolate, add quality cocoa power. Coffee, add a couple shots of the strongest espresso you can get. I always put the vanilla in too! And always taste, some flavorings need more sweet than others. You can also flavor with SF syrups like you would put in coffee.

Some people use stevia too. But it tastes bitter to me instead of sweet! YMMV! You can also leave out the eggs but I like the flavor and it adds protein. Also think it's a better consistency. If you want individual servings, put the finished ice cream in a non-stick cupcake pan and freeze for several hours or overnight. Then pop them out and put them in a ziplock bag.

I put sour cream, or sour cream based sauces, on lots of my foods just to up my fat. I also eat macadamia nuts and Brazil nuts.

Latest posts

Back