Long termers - Please take care of yourself !

ginger

Hi,
Just a quick post, as I am swamped taking care of my elderly father and getting him settled into a new situation.

BUT - I received a HORRID phone call this a.m. A post-op DS'er that was my angel back in 2003 was found unresponsive this a.m. by her 16 year old son :frown:

She had been undergoing TPN and recently and started iron infusions where she had slipped on her follow-up care and vitamin regime. They were unable to revive her and now her family is planning her funeral. She was only 53. I can't tell you how supportive she has been thru my up and downs of the DS.

Due to the situation with my Dad I had not spoken to her in about 10 days. The family is having an autopsy done so they know her exact cause of death. They will let me know in time, but they were told it could take 6 months. They are hoping it does NOT take long.

PLEASE everyone take your vitamins and supplements and get in your protein etc. I might not be onine much in the next couple of weeks as I am focusing on getting Dad situation, but this is a reminder, that no matter how far out we are, we need to care for ourselves.
Ginger <><

Ginger. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Thank you for the reminder that we must be proactive in managing our health.

MsVee

This makes me super sad. :( My thoughts are with her family and loved ones. And my thoughts are with you for losing a mentor and dealing with your dad situation. You must being going through unimaginable things....so please remember to take care of yourself as well. Thinking of you and look forward to your return.

I'm so very sorry! It's a lifetime commitment and we all need to remember that.

I grieve for the family that has lost a mother too young, and I offer you my prayers and well wishes at the loss of your mentor and as the caregiver of your dad.

Thank you all, not sure of her cause of death until the autopsy is back. For those who asked or mention, yes I am taking care of me in all this mess. I cannot do anything for her now, but prayers for her family. Must concentrate on my Dads issues while he is still with us.

I did just review my revision labs with Dr Rabkin and he is very pleased with my progress...I just need to lower my sky high vit b's as I have been taking too many which can happen.

Latest posts

Back