Life Support to Death Row

Charris

Now an angel
I got the roommate from hell last night. As soon as she saw I was black she told her daughter she needed a private room. Then she told me at 6 PM I needed. To be quite and shut up she needed to rest. Then all night every ten minutes she screaming stuff out. But then this bitch thinks I'm her slave . She tells me come get my glasses. Then she says where is my remote,,,? I'm like u had it its probably in your bed she responded....come get it! WTF?
SO INSTEAD OF ME SURVING LIFE SUPPORT IN ORDER TO BE PLACED ON DEATHROLL I WENT AND DEMANDED THEY CHANGE MY ROOM.

I hope they move one of you - her, if you like your room, as you were there first - ASAP. good for you, keep telling them!

I hope they move one of you - her, if you like your room, as you were there first - ASAP. good for you, keep telling them!

They moved me even though I was there first. Rule is the complainer gets moved. So they attempted to move me in with another mental health patient who stays Up all night, screaming patient. My daughter called and talked to the social worker. Told them she was calling the state department and she has documentation for everything and every meal that I never got. She told them my mom has her right mind so the elderly or mental health patients how many entire meals did they not get, and everything else that has happened. The lady begged for her not to call she would handle everything and promised I'd have a private room as long as possible. My baby girl has grown up. She was so passive. Now she kicking ass and taking down names.

Your daughter is awesome. :) Sorry about the roommate nightmares. Glad you are getting a private room. This is all too much. You deserve to recover in peace and quiet and above all else they had best be providing adequate nutrition.

Everyone need an advocate like your daughter. I'm quite sure you can and did stand up for yourself. I have no doubt you would have done the same if you were well rested. As it is, if I ever need an advocate, I'm contacting your daughter.

Good for both of you! They could easily put the racist lady with the screamers. But I am happy you got a private room.

For a very short time, my mom had an almost catatonic roommate...no problem. But the roommate’s sister visited all day, every day, was addicted to her soap operas and game shows and was mostly deaf. The TV blasted all day. Well, that one day that the roommate arrived...and the sister informed us she’d be there all day, every day.

And then, AMAZINGLY, the roommate’s remote kept “disappearing.”

I’m handy that way.

I got the roommate from hell last night. As soon as she saw I was black she told her daughter she needed a private room. Then she told me at 6 PM I needed. To be quite and shut up she needed to rest. Then all night every ten minutes she screaming stuff out. But then this bitch thinks I'm her slave . She tells me come get my glasses. Then she says where is my remote,,,? I'm like u had it its probably in your bed she responded....come get it! WTF?
SO INSTEAD OF ME SURVING LIFE SUPPORT IN ORDER TO BE PLACED ON DEATHROLL I WENT AND DEMANDED THEY CHANGE MY ROOM.

My limited experience is that the short term rehab patients are not “housed” with the forever-and-ever-until-the-wheels-fall-off patients.

If she thinks you are anything other than a patient just like she is, she is cognitively impaired and needs a roommate with similar challenges.

You need a roomie who, like you, is physically challenged...maybe someone learning to walk after a stroke or surgery.

While my mom was in rehab the last time they had a new patient who was a screamer too. My mom could hear her all night until they moved her to their mental health section. I guess she tried to escape too. She also said there were a lot of racist patients there but the majority of the staff doing care were black. So if they're afraid of black people having to care for them it would be hard but also they still had that attitude that they were entitled and that the staff was there to serve them. We came to visit my mom and she was in the lunchroom and everyone in the lunchroom was white and staring hard at us. I'm sure you know the way. I was glad when I could get her out of there.

My mom was the screamer. She was in the NH for 22 years, private pay. She had mental health issues, yet was more or less okay until she grew tolerant of her medicines. We were perhaps a bit more tolerant of the staff there because placement for mentally ill people is the biggest headache in health care. First, just dealing with those patients takes a special staff and there was essentially only the one place that would take her to begin with. Second, government regulations to prevent warehousing of mentally ill people are a pain in the ass. It may be just as hard for that family as it was for mine. But that was their problem just as it was ours. I'm glad you are out of being caught in a bad situation no matter if it was racism or psych problems that were behind it. You just need to get better and get the hell out.

My mom was the screamer. She was in the NH for 22 years, private pay. She had mental health issues, yet was more or less okay until she grew tolerant of her medicines. We were perhaps a bit more tolerant of the staff there because placement for mentally ill people is the biggest headache in health care. First, just dealing with those patients takes a special staff and there was essentially only the one place that would take her to begin with. Second, government regulations to prevent warehousing of mentally ill people are a pain in the ass. It may be just as hard for that family as it was for mine. But that was their problem just as it was ours. I'm glad you are out of being caught in a bad situation no matter if it was racism or psych problems that were behind it. You just need to get better and get the hell out.
My mom had some health induced dementia of her own going on and she was super paranoid when she first arrived. In her understanding this terrible rehab was torturing their patients which is why the lady was screaming and she had all kinds of stories about that place. Rehab and nursing homes are hard places to be in.

My mom had some health induced dementia of her own going on and she was super paranoid when she first arrived. In her understanding this terrible rehab was torturing their patients which is why the lady was screaming and she had all kinds of stories about that place. Rehab and nursing homes are hard places to be in.
We were lucky in that this place was one of the highest rated in the USA and she had the money to be private pay for 22 years. I think they're also hard places to work in.

Latest posts

Back