Life sucks azz...but I'm still glad to have it! I think

Charris

Now an angel
Well my dr Says I need to be off full time till June 14 then part time July 14 till August 14. My job says you have you azz at work TOMORROW or you are terminated. So im going back knowing full well physically I'm not ready! My job is a career and I'm 2 years away from retirement 8/18/18.

Then if that's not bad enough because I have been off without pay from payroll for 4 consecutive pay periods my benefits cancel at midnight. I can purchase Cobra but it takes 3 to 4 weeks to process. Even though I return tomorrow benefits won't be able to process my change for reinstatement for guess....3 to 4 weeks! WHAT THE FUCK???? YOU AZZHOLES do realize I'm off with serious medical issues? Stupid me to forget your a business AND you have no responsibility to give one Fuq about your employees. So my home health nurse for Tpn. Nope. Oh Tpn... nope. Oh oncologist visits.....nope.

Speaking of oncologist, I was supposed to get my results this morning. ....nope one of the 3 tests was not complete so now instead getting them tomorrow or this week I will have to wait till I get some insurance in 3 to 4 weeks.

I have always said with all the crap I've been through I have God's favor because I made it through it. Now I am kind of starting to think like @DSRIGGS that God hates me.....

I have never felt more discouraged than I do right now.

:ahhhhhhh::wall:

Honey I know you are upset but you need to talk to HR. There is FMLA if nothing else to cover your situation so I don't see how they could legally terminate you. There has to be a mistake somewhere so talk to the head of HR.

Honey I know you are upset but you need to talk to HR. There is FMLA if nothing else to cover your situation so I don't see how they could legally terminate you. There has to be a mistake somewhere so talk to the head of HR.

I exhausted my FMLA Remember I have had 2 surgeries within the last 9 months and 5 hospitalizations in 9 months.

Ugh, C! Not good. No rest for the weary!

Please get on the horn to your HR benefits person and make a stink to get them to reactivate your coverage ASAP with COBRA. If not, can you pay out of pocket and seek reimbursement from COBRA? You need TPN.

Also, would your current medical condition potentially be considered a disability? If so, remember they will need to make reasonable accommodation.

This week, I'm on my sixth new boss in three years. The pressure has them drop like flies. The fastest resignation was just under six weeks - the latest just barely made it to her one year anniversary. I refuse to let the role stress me out. It's just not worth it. Hope you do the same in your position - let the stress just roll off of you. Make sure you take it easy - the office can be draining physically and mentally.

Anyway, I hate that you don't have coverage and have to go back too soon. Hang in there!

Oh no, fighting with this shit can just take your last ounce of strength, and you sometimes just have no more to give. Please take a breath, and as Diana said, get legal help. It gets easier - it just has to.

Wow, that is a lot! You're doing it all though. Keep looking forward, there will be a bright spot somewhere. In my state, there is a condition that anyone can get medical insurance, if they do not have it, for a chronic or life threatening condition. It is through the state, and I'm not exactly sure of the conditions, but maybe something to look into? Is early retirement an option? Your health is really important, it's so sad that companies can so easily write off a good standing g emoyee when it is not benefiting the company to keep them. There will be a window somewhere, I'm sure. And I totally agree, get a lawyer.

I was eight years into a local agency system that required ten years for disability retirement. And I had been OUT OF Social Security long enough that I no longer qualified for SSDisability, either. I went with disability retirement through the state agency that all the local agencies participated in.

Wasn't generous and, since only the locals paid into medical, I knew I had to rely on my husband's medical until I was Medicare eligible. And I'm a veteran, so there was that option.

But, so far, I'm alive and, most of the time, that's a good thing. (This past week, not so much.)

And I'm away from the assholes who would wait until someone was VERY sick to go into attack mode...like someone at your office is doing.

I don't know why EAP, but Diana must. You absolutely need an attorney. You might need to approach your local government representative--county probably, but maybe state--because THEY wouldn't want this rash decision to end up on local media, for crying out loud. To dismiss a valued employee, a single mom, who has served 90% of the time needed to retire, right after she broke her neck and everything south if it seems ill-advised.

'Snot like you used FMLA to babysit Uncle Harry. You were too damned sick to function.

Find out about disability retirement.

Sweet Marie and the ships at sea! I hope you can find good legal help through a respectable legal aid organization. Doesn't sound like you have the resources to hire a Dream Team. Yet seeing how you've come through so much, I have every faith that you will be victorious.

Latest posts

Back