Hello

James110317

Hello my names is Tracy James I had ds Oct 18 2021I had lost 50lbs but became very ill .that I have been on steriods for months since then and have gain it all back ive been off steriod going on 3 weeks yes I said 3 weeks since my last steroids and dr hope my last but with my asthma and this texas heat I'm sure it's not but I'd like answer and help in how to restart the weightloss process. Thanks for any information

Hi and welcome James110317! I'm sorry that your asthma requires steriods as they can definitely bring weight challenges (and other side effects). Though breathing clearly is most important! Did you have the traditional, full two anastomoses DS or a SADI? Do you have a copy of your surgical report? Who is your surgeon? Have you contacted them about the low weight loss?

Hi and welcome James110317! I'm sorry that your asthma requires steriods as they can definitely bring weight challenges (and other side effects). Though breathing clearly is most important! Did you have the traditional, full two anastomoses DS or a SADI? Do you have a copy of your surgical report? Who is your surgeon? Have you contacted them about the low weight loss?
I went from gastric bypass to ds my Dr is 16 hours from me as I had weight loss in augusta ga I now live in texas and with insurance it has been hard to find a doctor my primary care doctor does all my blood work so far it has all been good just vitamin d has been low ..

Welcome!!! Hopefully, once your body clears the steroids, your weight loss should pick up. Sorry you've had such a rough time. I can't imagine asthma plus that heat in Texas.

hello, and welcome Tracy James!

(I thought I had posted this days ago and turns out it was just a draft, durp.)

:welcome2:

I am SO sorry to hear about your asthma issues and hope you can get what you need!!!

Did you have the traditional, full two anastomoses DS or a SADI?

this is an important question!

Who is your surgeon?

I'd like answer and help in how to restart the weightloss process. Thanks for any information

James110317 so far we know very little about you: the more details, the better info people can give you including posts/threads we can point you to.

This is not a super busy place, but there are some extremely smart* people here and I know they'd love to help. As a recent revision, there is very likely things you need to know.

*I'm not that smart so I try to make up for it in other ways ;)

Latest posts

Back