Life sucks azz...but I'm still glad to have it! I think

Well my dr Says I need to be off full time till June 14 then part time July 14 till August 14. My job says you have you azz at work TOMORROW or you are terminated. So im going back knowing full well physically I'm not ready! My job is a career and I'm 2 years away from retirement 8/18/18.

Then if that's not bad enough because I have been off without pay from payroll for 4 consecutive pay periods my benefits cancel at midnight. I can purchase Cobra but it takes 3 to 4 weeks to process. Even though I return tomorrow benefits won't be able to process my change for reinstatement for guess....3 to 4 weeks! WHAT THE FUCK???? YOU AZZHOLES do realize I'm off with serious medical issues? Stupid me to forget your a business AND you have no responsibility to give one Fuq about your employees. So my home health nurse for Tpn. Nope. Oh Tpn... nope. Oh oncologist visits.....nope.

Speaking of oncologist, I was supposed to get my results this morning. ....nope one of the 3 tests was not complete so now instead getting them tomorrow or this week I will have to wait till I get some insurance in 3 to 4 weeks.

I have always said with all the crap I've been through I have God's favor because I made it through it. Now I am kind of starting to think like @DSRIGGS that God hates me.....

I have never felt more discouraged than I do right now.

:ahhhhhhh::wall:
So very sorry you are going through this shit, you surely don't deserve it. Chin up.

Goofy woman went to work yesterday and is there today, too. Co-workers are helping. I suggested she drive the powers that be completely insane with disability accommodation requests...chairs, nap time, all her files should be reachable while she's seated, right?

Any more suggestions?

If files aren't reachable, someone else needs to fetch them. Anything that needs to be lifted is lifted by someone else. Ergonomic chair, and cushioned place to rest when needed. Parking spot closest to work location (and access to handicapped parking spot if they have one). Extra breaks to move around to prevent blood clots...

I think passing out would be a good idea and moaning/screaming constantly due to pain might be necessary as well. Uncontrolled flatulence and maybe even soiling one's self might get the point across as well. Of course, I am sure with the inability to concentrate effectively due to severe pain and grog from medications I am sure C will need her own assistant to read, type and answer phones for her cognitive disability.

I hate to sound stupid but when I call a lawyer what do I tell him what is the complaints what is it that my job is doing that is illegal because I technically don't have any FMLA left so I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to tell them. @DianaCox @DSRIGGS @Larra @Spiky Bugger

I wouldn't try to diagnose what is legal/illegal...that's the attorney's job.

Just tell him/her what is WRONG. You are being compelled to work, contrary to doctor's orders, your job requires tasks you should not currently be doing, you have 18 excellent years of service and because you followed up an illness that required surgery with breaking your neck and other bones, you are about to lose your income and insurance.

Exactly. They should not be able to get rid of you when you are willing to work, once you HEAL. You can be expected to be able to resume your normal job (with perhaps minor accommodations?) in the foreseeable future. It's not like you have ALS or something from which recovery is not expected.

Latest posts

Back