Just for fun…

Spiky Bugger

…my Endodontist UNdid and then REdid my root canal.

Well, not for “fun,” but because I kept failing the “tap test,” because the root canal tooth still hurt a little three weeks later and the general dentist didn’t want to put a crown on a sensitive tooth. And given that there are no nerves after a root canal, hurt shouldn’t happen.

So there’s that.

Well, not for “fun,” but because I kept failing the “tap test,” because the root canal tooth still hurt a little three weeks later and the general dentist didn’t want to put a crown on a sensitive tooth. And given that there are no nerves after a root canal, hurt shouldn’t happen.

So there’s that.
I had a root canal still hurt YEARS later. Somewhere about 20ish years ago it finally stopped hurting. Maybe the root finally died?

So there’s that.
Did they offer an extraction rather than a rerootcanal?

I do it bc I’ve found my rerootcanals don’t last long and I need an extraction within the next year or two. I’m guessing you do better with them than I do.

Last edited:
I do it bc I’ve found my rerootcanals don’t last long and I need an extraction within the next year or two. I’m guessing you do better with them than I do.
Like you, I’d rather have an extraction, especially in the molars. But most only do surgical extractions these days and those are off the table til July 2025 thanks to my damned heart attack even tho I need a few already.

Like you, I’d rather have an extraction, especially in the molars. But most only do surgical extractions these days and those are off the table til July 2025 thanks to my damned heart attack even tho I need a few already.
That definitely makes sense.

Unfortunately, as I’ve been recovering from an ankle surgery I started to have tooth pain. Once I realized it was loose, I was pretty sure what would be my choices. So I’m now recuperating from the surgery and a tooth extraction. Thankfully, the extraction jaw pain is pretty much gone.

Our MiniSue and Mr MiniSue have perhaps inherited our Catastrophe Gene.

He has 8:00 surgery today, they SAID surgery was started on time. The procedure(s) were a double deviated septum and nasal polyps. At 2:30 pm they said maybe another hour. At 4:30, he was FINALLY in Recovery. Really? Eight hours? I thought he was going to be like those “not stranded” astronauts who now won’t be home until next year!

Well! Just for fun continued! The REASON he was in surgery for so long was that the tool (scalpel/needle/whatever) they were using to remove nasal polyps broke inside his head. So they had to get imaging involved to see how much was in there. Probably before and after? I wonder why they didn’t remove it under fluoroscopy, but maybe that would be too much time/exposure.

Anyway, he’s home…furniture surfing a bit…and hungry. So he must be okay.

Latest posts

Back