It wasn't the weather.

OMG if someone as smart as you can be taken by surprise by this...OMG I am so glad it was figured out before you went blind.

I've been absolutely slammed since Thanksgiving of last year with crazy family, health and work circumstances. It's been so stressful, I developed a case of acne so bad that I avoided going out.

:5grouphug:

shit happens and stress makes us miss what is going on!!!

thank you for sharing, Hilary! we can all learn from each other.

hilary1617 I know you put this in R&R for a reason but could you put an edited version in the Vitamins and Labs board? This is something everyone needs to read.
Hi southernlady

Please feel free to move this if as is. If I'm honest, I posted here only because I was embarrassed both to have been in this situation, which was entirely of my own making and which I should have identified well before my vision deteriorated to that extent.

Note to newbies: I am 7 years out from DS. This is entirely avoidable simply via the basic self-care of adhering to a periodic testing schedule. Truth is, I got complacent about nutrition after years without an issue - and that, combined with stressful year full of distraction, led me to drift off course. Please stay vigilant!

Last edited:
Cut yourself some slack on missing this. It's reasonable to think of allergies, or darker days, etc. Many of us have hectic lives, and don't spend every waking minute thinking about our altered guts anymore.

Thank goodness you dodged this bullet, and did something positive with it (likely taught some, and gave some a needed reminder / poke (that would be me)). At over 11 years out, I need pokes, so thank you for this PSA.

Cut yourself some slack on missing this. It's reasonable to think of allergies, or darker days, etc. Many of us have hectic lives, and don't spend every waking minute thinking about our altered guts anymore.

Thank goodness you dodged this bullet, and did something positive with it (likely taught some, and gave some a needed reminder / poke (that would be me)). At over 11 years out, I need pokes, so thank you for this PSA.

Thanks :) I've been feeling quite the fool. Will take away the positives and move forward now!

Thank you for posting this. It's scary how life can get in the way and we do or don't do things that end up being a liability.

I have been slacking due to increased depression and apathy. Went to see my Dr. Wonderful and asked for lab orders. He didn't order about half of them and I didn't notice until I got my results back and saw so many "holes". Even when getting the blood drawn I noticed there weren't as many vials and I foolishly thought that the protocols had changed and they could do more tests from fewer samples.

Lesson learned. Now I am eagerly/anxiously awaiting the results from the additional labs I requested.

Latest posts

Back