Introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm a pre-op and hopeful lap DS. Finding all of this information a little overwhelming but know I need to learn it so I know what I'm getting myself into. With any luck, I will be having surgery in July or August with Dr. Hussain at University of Chicago. I'm having trouble locating other DSers who are willing to share with me about their experience with this group and Dr. Hussain, even though they're the only ones in the Chicago area doing it. Would love to hear your experiences and learn from them. Thanks so much to all the vets who continue to pay it forward on these forums.

hello, Missy, sorry I also don't have any help

welcome-894362129.gif

Oh boy, where do I begin? I go by Pixistyx. Long time lurker on WLS boards, this board was recommended to me by Larra just today.

I am pre-op, going for DS surgery. Started my journey at 532lbs, became unemployed, walked around applying for jobs and lost down to 398, then got a job and gained back to 452lbs. Who'd have thought not walking 12 hours a day would lead to weight gain! Hahaha. >_> That made me consult a WLS surgeon, who I did complete a program with, but my insurance denied because he isn't contracted with any of their special fancy titled hospitals (deliver me from America's insurance industry!)

Currently being checked by my neurologist for some pituitary weirdness going on after an MRI showed no real reason for migraines but a wonky pituitary gland. I'm taking the opportunity to do a more thorough search for a new surgeon while the vampire drains my arm of half a dozen vials of blood for testing.

I'm 30 until next month, my only co-morbidity is fairly nasty migraines, and has nothing to do with my weight as I've had them since I was 7 years old. Or maybe it does, as I've never been thin in my life, so getting WLS and the end result of being smaller is a foreign concept to me and scares the hell out of me. :) I'm up for it though, don't gain anything in life sitting around being afraid!

Currently working on disassociating food and emotion. Have a good support system in my family and friends, even if they do think I'm a bit bonkers for going for surgery, they still support my decision.

Welcome! I hope your testing all comes back clear and you're on the road to surgery!

Hello. I'm new today. Out of desperation I've decided to join in on this blog and seek help. I had DS 61/2 years ago and have had but one complication . Diarrhea ! A constant. I will admit I have not done what I am suppose to do. Diet, vitamins etc... So I own my pain. I have had severe pain from hemorrhoids and now a fissure. Worst pain I've ever felt. I have since added vitamins and taken out carbs and sugar out of my diet to cleanse and to hopefully change the way I potty. My question is , is this a common side effect? Or issue? Is there anyone who has had this issue?
I am still forever grateful that I had my surgery and to not have to live a life of obesity and all that comes with that. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated .
thank you......Nancy

Welcome to Pixi and Yiayia!

Yiayia, diana gave a lot of good possibilities as to the cause of your diarrhea on another thread. Lots of stuff for you to think about and possibly change. I hope at least one of her suggestions works for you. There is almost always a solution to this problem, be it diet, treating bacterial overgrowth, taking probiotics, etc.

Pixi, hang in there with the insurance issues. Many people face them. I would just throw in that if anything, your migraine are a reason not to have gastric bypass, because that operation would contraindicate your use of NSAIDs for the rest of your life, and many people with migraines or other frequent headaches benefit from NSAIDs.

Larra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back