I HATE food police!

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, yesterday dh and I went to a baby shower for a friend (yes, there were plenty of males there).

Anyway, I am sitting next to a lady who is pencil thin...and carries it well. Her daughter was also there. Now I know the daughter from where she works (she works with dh's cousin). Daughter is not morbidly obese but she is overweight to ALMOST obese and has a love/hate relationship with food.

Daughter is about 30ish but still lives with her parents in a "mother in law" type apt. Found out yesterday that mom is in management with Jenny Craig (or use to be). That is the background.

We are sitting there and they had gotten to the cake...told dh we could just share (it was a largish piece). She leans over and says to dh "you must be a type 2 diabetes" (DIABETIC thank you very much) but HE is not nor ever has been. I just said, no, we just don't need that much so we are sharing. She then mentions that her husband has diabetes and SHE is on him all the time about what he eats...has even taking to filming him! I said, I know as I am a type 2 that I never cared for the food police. Her response was, well, *I* have to, I want to keep him.

AAARRGGGG What she doesn't understand is harassing people about how to eat is the surest way to make it backfire.

My cousin has also heard the daughter on the phone JUSTIFYING a salad she was eating! The daughter will not eat for a long time and then binge eat and hide the evidence or lie about it...and her MOTHER is doing it to her.

I didn't like the food police when I found out I was diabetic, I STILL don't.

I was the DH in question and thought it was beyond rude to ASS-U-ME someone does or does not have a medical condition just because they decided to share a piece of the baby shower cake. :headdesk:

But what do I know.

gah, so many messed up attitudes

yep - this is the truth - you are all ON THEM like they aren't grown ups and it's not going to help anyway. and where do people get off commenting on what you are eating or not eating anyway?

no, you are right it's beyond rude.

just like commenting on people's body size. I work with one therapist who is very, very short and one who is very, very slender and they both hear crap about it all day long. one therapist is MO (maybe SMO) and she posted on FB about some rude remarks she's gotten.

common decency, people! shut UP.

Oh my. I wish I had been there. But maybe YOU don't wish I had been there *evil grin*.

I attend an almost-all-female institution of higher learning. The students aren't too bad, at least in my hearing, about food police shit, but OMG the faculty and staff amongst one another? YIKES.

Fortunately, I can't remember the last time anyone tried anything of that nature on me. I suspect that by now, the people who know me, know better than to intrude that way :).

I am only food police for a guy I work with. When we go out with customers - he has tendency to eat bad food and drink too much. One look from me and he would order a fish.. and as long as I am there - he controls how much he is drinking...

We run the company together, and have been doing that for over 18 years... The only reason I do that is that he absolutely has no filter and will comment on anything I eat.. and at the same time - if he gets sick with heart attack or gets into accident - his wife and I will have to take care of him... At the same time- he is like a kid (56 y old) and needs reminder why some foods are not good for him.. (high cholesterol, hypothyroid, etc.) So far he has no issue with his wife or me telling him what to eat.. and why...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back