I feel like a knob but….

I'm a "on occasion" person, but not diet soda. My "occasions" are maybe one soda every two or three months...so I don't want pretend.

How many of you still have a diet soda on occasion ?
They gave me one postop in the hospital right after my DS. Diet Sierra Mist. Sure I drink them. I try to only have one a day! They don't bother me at all.

However...there's something about those diet sweeteners that screws up my weight loss.

How many of you still have a diet soda on occasion ?
I have a few a week, probably. I try to stay away from diet coke/coke zero because I've read a few things about dark colas interfering with calcium absorption, but that's usually the only diet soda in most restaurants (that and I get looked at like a confused puppy, head tilt and all, when I try to order a seltzer in the south! :rolleyes:)

I would if I could, but I can't so I don't, lol. Almost ten months out and I still can't drink more than a sip or two of anything fizzy :(, and not even that much if I've had anything to eat!

I drink Dr Pepper Zero. A few weeks ago I gave it up and surprisingly my crippling migraines returned! ugh. Was trying to get off the "evil man made chemicals" lol, but dude. So not cool! For the first 3 days I had the typical withdrawal and by a week out I was feeling smug as people do when they go "healthy" and then by 3 weeks the squiggly lines started, then the nausea, then the light sensitivity and omg, I couldn't believe it! But then I remembered way in pre op land, when I got a migraine I would drink a large Dr Pepper with loads of pain killers to kill the migraine. So yeah. I drink Dr Pepper Zero for medicinal purposes ;)

As far as carbonation goes, I get the 2 litre bottles as they lose fizz faster. I also drink out of a protein shaker (haha!) full of ice. It's a pain to fill up cos it fizzes like mad once it hits the ice, but then it is flat enough to enjoy :)

I have a few a week, probably. I try to stay away from diet coke/coke zero because I've read a few things about dark colas interfering with calcium absorption, but that's usually the only diet soda in most restaurants (that and I get looked at like a confused puppy, head tilt and all, when I try to order a seltzer in the south! :rolleyes:)
Try calling it tonic water! And most places don't carry it anyway unless they serve alcohol.

Try calling it tonic water! And most places don't carry it anyway unless they serve alcohol.
Oh, sweet southern lady, tonic water is not the same thing! Tonic water has quinine and a bunch of sugar in it, almost as much as regular soda :( I actually like tonic water too, but I usually make it a diet and save it for my vodka :ROFLMAO:
(I do ask for soda water sometimes, but most places don't have it :cry:)

Oh, sweet southern lady, tonic water is not the same thing! Tonic water has quinine and a bunch of sugar in it, almost as much as regular soda :( I actually like tonic water too, but I usually make it a diet and save it for my vodka :ROFLMAO:
(I do ask for soda water sometimes, but most places don't have it :cry:)
Well, down here, tonic water is the closest you will get.

Celestial Seasonings has some very nice seasonal flavors of herbal teas at the moment. Mr. EN is particularly fond of Caramel Apple Dream and Sugar Plum. I bet either of those could go down okay if they were diluted and lightly sweetened. There's a "candy cane" flavor, too, that has some black tea in it, and Sugar Plum Fairy that is all black.

Latest posts

Back