I don't know why I let my weight get that high

Today i was looking at old pictures of me before my weight loss surgery and still till this day i can't tell how i end up weigh over 700 lbs. But have some reason that i let my weight got so out of hand. Frist of growing up i didn't have many friends and only friends i had was Wendy's and her Frosty and Baconator which me fell not alone and happy when i eat it. Second being raised by single mom who work two jobs and did her best, When she was so tried to cook so about ever day we would go through drive-thru like KFC, McDonalds and Taco Bell. Third get job and using my money to feed my food addicted. Fourth not realizing how much i was eating and drinking. Back in day when i weigh over 700 i would go through two 24 pack of can Coke a day, i could down i KFC Family meal by myself, and eat two whole pizza meals by myself. Those are some reason I got weight of 700 lbs. But know since I got my surgery i lost 300 lbs i know i have way.

Something I’ve learned during my own weight loss journey is that while my food choices weren’t always the best, it was more about my portion sizes. The year I switched from sugar sweeetened tea to Splenda sweetened tea, I dropped 25 lbs.

Thankfully, I never was into soda.

I’m so glad you’ve lost 300 lbs. May I ask which surgery you had?

Congratulations. 300lbs is a lot of weight gone. I hope you are enjoying life today and it continues to get better!

Something I’ve learned during my own weight loss journey is that while my food choices weren’t always the best, it was more about my portion sizes. The year I switched from sugar sweeetened tea to Splenda sweetened tea, I dropped 25 lbs.

Thankfully, I never was into soda.

I’m so glad you’ve lost 300 lbs. May I ask which surgery you had?
Duodenal Switch

Well done on choosing the surgery and sticking to it. I remember it was a very tough choice and that you didn't get all the support you deserve. Congratulations on the loss to date and try to build in healthy habits from here out!

Re "could down i KFC Family meal by myself, and eat two whole pizza meals by myself."

I remember those days... for me it was a large pizza by myself... hmm... they are long gone.. the VSG part of DS took care of that

Who knows why we get ourselves into such trouble. The good news is , with a little help, we can get ourselves out of trouble

Good luck on your "way"

Latest posts

Back