I feel like a knob but….

I drink 5 or 6 a day. Fresca and Diet Barq's.

Diana, WT?....5 or 6..lol Thats good news for me! I love coke zero and dont wanna give up my ONE a day! I know I will have to for a few months, but,dang, just sayin,that gives me hope!

My husband lives on Coke Zero - he was a full-sugar Coke-aholic when I met him - swore he couldn't stand any diet colas - until he tried CZ - around the same time as I had the DS. SOB lost 30 lbs in about the same time as I lost 35 lbs with my DS - all because he STOPPED drinking 12+ cans of sugar/day. Plus a couple of Big Gulps.

It's probably better to cut your CZ consumption because of the bone-depleting effects (supposedly) of phosphoric acid in colas. And I find colas to be too sweet - hence the Fresca, which is more refreshing to me.

OMG something about diet dew - it's like crack for me. I try to limit it to one a day, but am drinking one right now mixed into Nectar peach protein, and I even get up in the middle of the night when I crave one, despite the fact they have caffeine.

I've become addicted to Talking Rain flavored sparkling water. Lemon Zest is my fave. I drank iced tea earlier out post OP or Id drink regular water with fresh lemon squeezed in. I didn't start drinking carbonated drinks until 18 months out, but drink them occasionally now. I try to limit the dark sodas, but will enjoy Coke Zero, diet root beer, Diet Pepsi, or Diet Coke when the mood strikes.

I got sick as hell of drinking Crystal Light too

Why ever would you do that? My little penguin is right on the counter. I love it that I can make whatever a 'little' fizzy! And BTW that fizzy water with a sleeve of diet crush...divine!
Well, it wasn't really *mine* to begin with, lol. My sister got it as a gift and didn't really want it so she just left it at my house on Christmas a few years back and then she decided she wanted it a year later. I caved when we moved just to have one less thing to pack!

Diet Squirt and Citrus Vodka was my dancing drink this past summer. Over ice, shaken in my Contigo thermos, there's not much fizz left to hurt my teensy little sleeve. I quit drinking beer because it burned my sleeve. I am an extremely occasional drinker, mind you. Maybe 3 times a year, and I never drink at home. Because I knit at home, and alcohol and knitting never turn out well.

I'll be honest, I'd punch the Pope for a Diet Dew right now.
The first time trying go REAL easy and let it go almost flat first.

Dh and I found out that fountain drinks are easier to handle than cans/bottles the first year.

Even now, it will take me almost all day to drink ONE soda and I go thru iced tea like crazy (about a gallon a day)

I haven't had a soft drink in over 5 yrs...and to be honest, I don't miss them at all. I used to be a huge cokeaholic too.
I switched to sweet tea and then unsweet tea with sweetener.

Now I mostly drink lemon iced tea crystal light and have unsweet tea with sweetener when we go out to dinner.

My alcohol beverage of choice when I drink are bloody mary's. Yum.

My wife picked up some Ocean Spray Diet Cran-Grape. 8oz - 5 cal and 2 carb. It's not bad and not bothering my stomach. Now I gotta find Diet Cran-Rasperry. It's nice to have something different.

I tried diet Gatorade early out. Gack. I settled on Isopure grape frost in the bottles, just because it was the only protein that didn't gag me. I pretty much got all my protein in from the first week with that product. Now? Can't stand the smell of grapes.

Your tastes change so fast it's amazing. But for me, once I found something, I stayed with it.

They gave me one postop in the hospital right after my DS. Diet Sierra Mist. Sure I drink them. I try to only have one a day! They don't bother me at all.

However...there's something about those diet sweeteners that screws up my weight loss.

This time, they are saying that the artificial stuff screws with gut bacteria...and as a recent C Diff survivor, I am in AWE of what we are learning about what goes on in the gut.

http://www.prevention.com/health/di...diet-soda-affect-gut-bacteria-and-weight-gain

And this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/29/diet-soda-weight-gain_n_886409.html

I seldom do just water either.
At home, I LIVE off decaf iced tea (remember, I am a Southerner) And the ONLY reason I do decaf is that the family bulk size of Luzianne Tea can not be found at ALL at Costco and only in decaf at Sam's. I do NOT like Lipton...doesn't make a good iced tea like Luzianne does.

When I am out and about and water bottles are my best option, I keep flavored add ins handy. Lemonade (NOT Chrystal Light...that gives ME the runs), and other flavors...I prefer those using Splenda if I can find them.
Dasani makes a coconut pineapple squirt in thing that has SAVED me the last 2 weeks. Only thing that doesn't disgust me.o_O

Celestial Seasonings has some very nice seasonal flavors of herbal teas at the moment. Mr. EN is particularly fond of Caramel Apple Dream and Sugar Plum. I bet either of those could go down okay if they were diluted and lightly sweetened. There's a "candy cane" flavor, too, that has some black tea in it, and Sugar Plum Fairy that is all black.
OOOOO! Those even sound appealing to me and I dont like tea!!

Latest posts

Back