I don’t need to find a place for this stuff…

Spiky Bugger

There is not enough room in a 900 sq ft apartment to store everything that was in 2000+ sq ft, plus garage and storage room.

Intellectually, we get this.

Emotionally, not so much.

Maybe I can find find a needy family desperate for Rubbermaid? Or vintage steel nutcrackers?

It’s hedownsizing when no one in the family wants what you have.

And that situation is more and more common. Especially because the youngest folks becoming adults do not feel they will ever be able to buy a house and IF they do, it will be one with an “open floor plan” and certainly no formal dining room!

I thought I had posted this…lol

Grandparents’ bed and some of their dining room, c 1928…

Attachments

• 6E90C284-CB0B-4083-B818-6BA03A1A4937.jpeg
    6E90C284-CB0B-4083-B818-6BA03A1A4937.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 7484A787-DE9A-474C-87CB-6C4BEFF20701.jpeg
    7484A787-DE9A-474C-87CB-6C4BEFF20701.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 0
Many areas will have a volunteer-led "free store" for refugees, where new neighbors moving into empty apartments can "shop" for donated household items and furniture. Maybe a google search will reveal one near you? If not try searching Facebook for "[Name of Town] Free box" - where reduce, reuse, recycle-minded community members post photos of pre-owned items they are giving away to be claimed by neighbors to avoid them ending up in landfill.

Many areas will have a volunteer-led "free store" for refugees, where new neighbors moving into empty apartments can "shop" for donated household items and furniture. Maybe a google search will reveal one near you? If not try searching Facebook for "[Name of Town] Free box" - where reduce, reuse, recycle-minded community members post photos of pre-owned items they are giving away to be claimed by neighbors to avoid them ending up in landfill.
Thank you. I found something similar, but will try FB, too!

Latest posts

Back