Hi from NC!

EricaK

Hi all y'all! :) I'm in process heading towards getting the DS. I'm doing my checklist. Nice to be here and meet you.

Hi! I'm just outside of Raleigh. As far as the process I've had a surgical consultation and one nutrition class with the dietician. You know I still haven't decided on the DS. I know that's what my surgeon recommended but I need to learn more about it. Anyway, it's also helping me get out of denial that, yes, I really have eaten myself unhealthy. Kind of hits you when you start considering a surgery that will change your eating for the remainder of your life.

Hi! I'm just outside of Raleigh. As far as the process I've had a surgical consultation and one nutrition class with the dietician. You know I still haven't decided on the DS. I know that's what my surgeon recommended but I need to learn more about it. Anyway, it's also helping me get out of denial that, yes, I really have eaten myself unhealthy. Kind of hits you when you start considering a surgery that will change your eating for the remainder of your life.

You are right in that the DS "will change your eating for the remainder of your life" so will any weight loss surgery. All surgical options require a commitment to a particular way of eating for the rest of your life. Doesn't mean you can never have another treat, it just means that you must follow a plan of eating for optimal nutrition and weight control. Take all the time you need to research all of your options regarding surgery. When you have questions, ask. The people here are very knowledgeable and generous with their time.

Latest posts

Back