Hello!

KyahRose

Hi, new here. I had the gastric sleeve back in 2012 with a starting weight of 283 lbs. I got down to about 185-188 lbs around the summer of 2015, then.....drama happened, and over the years from 2016 through now I've gained back all weight and am back to 283 lbs. Now, I'm looking at the potential for a conversion surgery; and have been doing some research on the DS as my main choice. I came here through word of mouth to gain further knowledge and understanding of the DS surgery procedure and everything that goes with it.

I have already begun by taking changing steps towards my current eating / drinking habits.

Welcome KyahRose! It's nice to see you over here! I hope the info on this site helps with making your decision. It helped me a lot! And it's really nice to talk with fellow DSers instead of mostly sleeve/bypass people (who are nice and helpful but don't know anything about DSers). It's sad but regain is not unusual with the sleeve. I wish more surgeons were honest about that with their patients. I have seen several stories on FB of sleeve to DS revisions that manage to hit goal weight, it just takes longer than a virgin DS...

Welcome KyahRose
Unfortunately your regain story with the sleeve is very common. Thankfully you are halfway to the DS.
Its preciscely because im halfway to DS that I was able to decide to go with DS so quickly and easily. I'm a Libra...I dont really decide on things so quickly, unless Im having a Bi-polar moment.

Hi and welcome! My SIL had the sleeve done and lost a lot of weight but then regained. I'm still in the early stages of my DS, but this site really helped me feel confident about my decision.

Latest posts

Back