Hello, my name is Liz and I am a friend of Kirmie's.

Liz, if there are other surgeons in Australia doing the DS (not SIPS/SADI and all the other names), please let us know. It may help other people to know about more resources. thanks!
Yes, I will definitely, The Clinic, I am trying to currently, find more information from is called Weight loss solutions on the Gold Coast, I have been communicating with a lady there named Felicity, who tells me that their Surgeons do, do the Classic DS Surgery using the HESS Method, however today she has informed me they do the Surgeries in Brisbane, at the Wesley Hospital, Auchenflower, Brisbane, Qld. Australia. She said the DS surgery is performed in the ICU. I am waiting to find out more from her, regarding an appointment to speak with a Surgeon as well, and if I have to go to the Gold Coast Clinic for an appointment? I will keep you posted on more information as they get back to me regarding the DS surgery in Brisbane, we say Classic DS surgery here in Qld, because some places try to trick you and say DS meaning SIPS which is not DS, I think some of the admin staff who work in the clinics, do think DS is the same as SIPs, as they have been misinformed, due to lack of knowledge. So when I speak with them, I do need to clarify this by saying Classic DS, something I have learnt as I have been endeavouring to investigate and research further. :) Thanks Liz O

My mum was looking (but eventually went with RNY). I know the Wesley, as I am from Brisbane. It won't be performed *in* ICU but at a hospital that has one - not sure that's necessary, to be honest. Mine was in a clinic and they had admitting rights to a nearby hospital.

I would be very sceptical that it is the true DS, though. I did a lot of research (would have gone home for mine if I could have!) and for my mum. A lot are really SIPS, and once you're on the table you can't exactly watch to make sure they do what they've promised. If there's any doubt about what you're getting, given your previous surgeries, I would not go ahead. Imagine reading your operative report and finding out you got SIPS instead?

My mum was looking (but eventually went with RNY). I know the Wesley, as I am from Brisbane. It won't be performed *in* ICU but at a hospital that has one - not sure that's necessary, to be honest. Mine was in a clinic and they had admitting rights to a nearby hospital.

I would be very sceptical that it is the true DS, though. I did a lot of research (would have gone home for mine if I could have!) and for my mum. A lot are really SIPS, and once you're on the table you can't exactly watch to make sure they do what they've promised. If there's any doubt about what you're getting, given your previous surgeries, I would not go ahead. Imagine reading your operative report and finding out you got SIPS instead?
Yes I agree, it did seem odd to me, and I have asked her a couple of times of the names of the Surgeons who do the Classic DS using the HESS method, and that question has not yet been answered? mmm interesting, see if she gets back to me tomorrow on that one. :) A/Professor Dr Peter Nottle sounds good to me. Thanks Liz O :)

Hi and welcome Liz ! Wishing you a proper DS with Dr. Nottle! :)
Thanks Hilary, Yes I am going to look into this with Dr Nottle and organise it, I am currently waiting for his Practice Manager to get back to me with some questions she was going to ask Dr Nottle on my behalf, after I called his Surgery and was given her email, currently we have been communicating via email. Thank you for your well wishes. Muchly appreciated. :)

Latest posts

Back